RISCPA Carl W. Christiansen Scholarship: This scholarship assists students who want to pursue higher education, especially in the domain of accounting and finance. The Carl W. Christiansen Scholarship is formed to support students who belong to Rhode Island and want to dedicate their careers by pursuing education in the field of finance and accounting by doing a major in them from any private or public college or university.
For this scholarship, you need to be a lawful citizen of the United States of America residing in Rhode Island. The applicant is free to attend any private or public college or university.
Table of Contents
RISCPA Carl W. Christiansen Scholarship 2024
An applicant who is interested in this scholarship is free to study in any college or university as mentioned but they need to demonstrate their interest in taking an education in the field of accounting or finances during their undergraduate or graduate years. There are various other important clauses to this scholarship which we will discuss later on but, like many of the scholarships running in the U.S.A, this scholarship also wants you to perform well in your academics by maintaining some good grades which are kept 3.0 Grade Point Average in this condition. Apart from doing good in the academic student has to help and support the accounting faculty department at their institution.
The applicant applying for this scholarship needs to show their potential to become a valued member of the Public Accounting Profession. For this, the applicant must write a short personal statement that will showcase their interest in the accounting profession. For getting this scholarship the applicant has to provide a letter of recommendation.
- Presidential Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria, Application Process
- Pearl Berlin Scholarship Fund
- Herman M. Holloway, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
- GSLMTC Mary Joan Wolf Memorial Scholarship
- Fort Worth Scottish Rite Foundation
The RI Society runs three different scholarships in the accounting domain. These scholarships are,
- Carl W. Christiansen Scholarship: This scholarship was established honouring the memory of the late Carl W. Christiansen. This scholarship was established in 1974 and since then it is helping students who want to pursue their education in accounting and want to join the public accounting profession. In this case, the applicant may attend any accredited college or university.
- Cheryl A. Ruggiero Scholarship: This scholarship was established honouring the memory of the late Cheryl A. Ruggiero. This scholarship was established in 2005 and since then it is helping female students who want to pursue their education in accounting and want to join the public accounting profession. This scholarship is for only female candidates from any accredited college or university.
- KLR/Brian A. Altomari Memorial Fund Scholarship: This scholarship was established in 2005 by KLR/Brian A. Altomari Memorial Fund. In order to apply for the scholarship applicant has to attend an RI university or college. This scholarship is maintained by the RI society and is distributed to a student who wants to pursue a major in accounting from an accredited college or university in Rhode Island.
Criteria or minimum eligibility for getting Carl W. Christiansen Scholarship
We have seen some scholarships which are offered in the same domain, now we will see some eligibility criteria for Carl W. Christiansen Scholarship.
- To successfully apply for the scholarship applicant must be a lawful citizen of the United States of America residing in Rhode Island.
- One of the eligibility criteria says the applicant has to demonstrate an interest in accounting during their graduate or undergraduate years.
- Applicant must have maintained an overall 3.0 Grade Point Average.
- In the opinion of accounting department faculty, they must demonstrate a potential to become a valued member of the Public Accounting Profession.
Applying and the deadline for the Carl W. Christiansen Scholarship
- You can visit this link in order to apply for the Carl W. Christiansen Scholarship https://www.riscpa.org/careers/become-a-cpa. Here you can find a PDF format of the application and can fill it out offline.
- The application can be sent to the RI Society of CPAs, 40 Sharpe Drive, Unit 5, Cranston, RI 02920.
- In case the applicant has any questions regarding Carl W. Christiansen Scholarship they can call 401-331-5720 or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The last date for submitting the scholarship form is 24, February 2023.
- This scholarship cannot be renewed, and it has been awarded every academic year.
- In this application form, the applicant simply has to mention all the necessary details asked. They may pay attention while mentioning the extracurricular activities details which may include college clubs, community, and associations which are related to accounting or finance.
- The applicant has to provide every detail asked in the application form, they may also use the page for it.
- You need to submit a copy of your transcripts.
- You need to submit proof of U.S. citizenship along with the Rhode Island resident.
- Letter of recommendation from the accounting or finance department of your school.
- Submit a personal statement showing your interest in the accounting profession.