Australia Awards Scholarships: The Australia Awards Scholarships are organized by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. It is a type of long-term award whose main aim is to sponsor this award to contribute to the development of Australia’s partner. The Australia Awards Scholarships are bilateral and regional agreements that are beneficial for Australia’s partner countries.
In this article, we elaborated on the details of the Australia Awards Scholarships, how you can apply for them, what are the benefits of this scholarship, and the conditions that are applicable for the award. To know all these details, scroll down the page.
Table of Contents
About Australia Awards Scholarships
The Foreign Affairs and Trade Department sponsored the Australia Awards Scholarships. The Department of Foreign Trade has launched many other programs for the welfare of people.
This Scholarship provides a chance to the people of developing countries, especially those countries which are located in the region of Indo-Pacific area, to avail of the benefits. Under this scholarship, students participating in the full-time UG and PG programs of Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions and Australian Universities,
The Australia Awards Scholarships give the opportunity in the area of study and research through which students can develop their skills and knowledge. With these skills, they can contribute to the change and the development of their own developing country.
Objective of Australia Awards Scholarships
The main purpose of launching the Scholarship is to contribute to the development of developing countries. With the help of this scholarship, people will get the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge.
Benefits of Australia Awards Scholarships
The Scholarship of Australia Award is given to those students who completed their academic studies. The scholarship has been given for the minimum period. In the below block, we arrange some of the benefits of the Australia Awards Scholarships:
- The students will get the tuition fees for their full-time course.
- Provide a return air ticket of the economy air class from and to Australia through the direct route.
- In the scholarship, the allowance of accommodation expenses, study material, and textbooks is only one time.
- The basic living expenses are paid by the concerned department which is called a CLE (Contribution to Living Expenses).
- The IAP (Introductory Academic Program), is one of the mandatory programs before the initiation of the academic sessions, which include information about living and studying in the country of Australia.
- The scholars get the benefit of the medical cost under the OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) only for the duration of the award. The medical treatment coverage does not include the pre-existing conditions of the students.
- The PCE (Pre-course English) is essential for those students who are in the country or in the training of Australia.
- The support of academic supplementary is also available, which assures the success of the academic scholars and their success in the experience throughout the academic session.
- For postgraduate students who are doing courses in the field of research, it is important to do fieldwork.
There are some of the basic eligibility criteria in which the candidate has to fit; the detail of the criteria is as follows:
- The candidate must come under the list of participating countries,
- Applicant age at least 18 years,
- Military personnel are not eligible,
Australia Scholarships Awards Conditions
All those applicants who are interested in the Australia Awards Scholarship program have to sign one contract. The contract is made with the Commonwealth of Australia, in which all the terms and conditions are mentioned. All these conditions will be applicable to the Australia Scholarships Awards.
The selected Scholars who have completed their scholarship program have to leave Australia within a period of 24 months, once they complete their scholarship program. If they fail to do so, the total collected cost of the scholarship will be debt.
Apply for Australia Award Scholarship
Before applying for the Scholarship program, the candidate must know the opening and the closing date of the scholarship after selecting the participating countries and the eligibility of their particular country. Those who fulfill the eligibility and want to apply for the scholarship must read the Australia Award Scholarships policy handbook.
There are some countries which follow the online method, whereas some countries in which offline methods are applicable.
- To apply online for the Australia Award Scholarship, interested candidates register themselves on the official site of the OASIS.
- After the registration process, you need to answer some of the basic questions, which show the eligibility criteria.
- You will get the unique registration number, username, and password once you submit your answer.
- Then, draft your application form, upload the supportive documents, and update the application form.
- After the submission of the application form, no change is applicable, so fill it properly before the closing date of the application form.
- For more information related to the Online Application form for the Scholarship, you must refer to the link given at the end of this article.
Apply By Mail
If the candidate was unable to submit the application form by using the online portal, then in that case, you can apply through the mail. For that, you have to check the list of the participating country profile (Link is given below on the page), from which you will get the details of the mail address. Fill out the application form, such as referee report (if applicable).
Complete the application form and submit it with the supporting documents before the deadline of the application form. The link to the Referee Report is given below:
|Opening and closing date
|Countries Participating in the Australia Award Scholarship
|Australia Scholarship Policy Handbook
|Participating countries Profile and contacts
|Official web Portal
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply for the Australia Award Scholarship?
If the candidate belongs to the listed countries, then he/she is eligible to fill out the application form for the Australia Award Scholarship.
Who is not eligible for the Australia Award Scholarship?
The people who work in the following areas: military, nuclear technology, flying aircraft, etc.
Is it possible to apply for an Australia Awards Scholarship and a Destination Australia Scholarship at the same time?
Yes, you can apply for it, but you will get the benefit of any one of the scholarships at a time.