Herman M. Holloway, Sr. Memorial Scholarship is dedicated to the residents of Delaware state in the United States of America. This scholarship works in the education domain with the main aim to provide financial assistance to students so that they can pursue their education. Like many scholarships that are also working in the same domain of education, the uniqueness of this scholarship is that it is strictly for the people of Delaware state only.
Table of Contents
History and the reason to form Herman M. Holloway, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
Some similar scholarships which are also introduced to help the students of the state are B. Bradford Barnes Memorial Scholarship and Charles L. Hebner Memorial Scholarship. All these scholarships were born as a result of the collaboration of the Delaware Department of Education, and the Delaware Higher Education Office. They came together to serve the people of Delaware state better in the department of education. The education departments of Delaware strongly believe that postsecondary education is available, easily accessible and affordable to all especially to the residents of Delaware.
Working on this because they came up with the idea of introducing different scholarships in the field of post-secondary education. These all scholarships provide financial assistance to the students and their families. There are many scholarships which are working on the financial needs of the student and help them when they cannot afford a good higher education. Some are also based on merit, where the student applying for the scholarship has to satisfy many criteria of the scholarship.
Herman M. Holloway, Sr. Memorial Scholarship wants you to demonstrate your financial needs by filling out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA). There are some minimum criteria designed for the scholarship.
This department offers its services and currently is administered in 14 states sponsoring their financial aid programs. These financial aid programs may be available for the students in form of scholarships, grants and incentive programs. Among these financial aid programs, one of the major programs is called Herman M. Holloway, Sr. Memorial Scholarship.
- GSLMTC Mary Joan Wolf Memorial Scholarship 2024
- IAPD Scholarship 2024
- Fort Worth Scottish Rite Foundation 2024
- DGV Scholarship Program 2024
Some technicality or minimum criteria for Herman M. Holloway, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
So far, we have understood about the Herman M. Holloway, Sr. Memorial Scholarship and how it is helping the people of Delaware. Now, let’s discuss some technicalities or minimum criteria associated with the scholarship.
- The first and one of the most essential criteria says to successfully apply for the scholarship, you need to be a resident of Delaware state and a lawful citizen of the United States of America.
- This scholarship is dedicated to high school seniors. The good thing about the scholarship is that it is a renewable scholarship. It can be renewed for a maximum of three additional years. Though if the student wants to renew it, they have to maintain a good academic performance and have to keep a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0.
- While applying for the scholarship the high school senior should be brilliant in academic performance. This criterion can be judged through your grades. You should maintain a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0. While maintaining the minimum GPA student need to achieve a minimum score of 1000 on their Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) test they can also score equivalent scores on their American College Testing (ACT) exam.
- The student who wants to apply for the scholarship application has to demonstrate their financial needs in Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA).
- The applicant needs to attend or enrol at Delaware State University.
- The scholarship value associated with it will cover the studies-related expenses.
The award associated and the deadline for Herman M. Holloway, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
This is a yearly based scholarship means it will be available for the student in each academic year. One award will be announced per year. The scholarship value is kept whooping $28,152 which will cover the tuition fee of the applicant. The application was made available for all applicants on December 1, 2022, and the last day for applying for this scholarship is kept on February 24, 2023.
Applying for the Herman M. Holloway, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
- You can visit this link to apply for the scholarship: https://www.doe.k12.de.us/Page/1046
- You need to fill out the application form very cautiously and provide all the answers to every question asked. The application form will include all the clubs and organisation-related activities that you are associated with or maybe were a member of in past.
- Be sure to mention the awards, achievements, and honors that you have received.
- In case you have attended Delaware public or charter high schools, they will access your 9th through 11th unweighted cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) and Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) scores.
- If you are a home-schooled student or attended private high schools in Delaware you need to send a copy of SAT scores and high school transcripts showing 9th through 11th unweighted cumulative GPA, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org