Many previously running charitable organisations came together and formed a giant organisation which looks after various other charitable works and in 2006 Minnesota Masonic charities was founded. This was solely formed to enhance the philanthropist activities which they were already doing.
This one umbrella organisation started doing its activities around the state to which they are dedicated, and right now they are already known as one of the most influential and powerful non-profit grantmakers in the United States of America. They have continuously worked for the betterment of society and created a positive healthy environment by providing their services.
They are into education by providing scholarships and grants of various kinds to help bright students and scholars so that they can get the right education in the right manner, they provide donations and assistance of help to cancer research, they are into eldercare, child’s health care, community outreach as well as into preserving Minnesota Masonic history.
Table of Contents
About the Minnesota Masonic charities scholarship program
This scholarship program is based on the needs of students who are very good academically but, due to poor financial conditions, cannot afford a good education. There are various prerequisites to checking the worth of a student applying for this scholarship. The Minnesota Masonic charities scholarship program is believed to be one the most comprehensive and unique in the country. This scholarship program provides financial aid to seniors, vocational students, and college undergraduates.
Nature of the award
The award attached to this scholarship is very generous and renewable. We will discuss all the prerequisites, eligibility factors and how to fill out the application later on in this blog. By far you should know to apply for this scholarship you need to be graduated from a Minnesota high school and also be a resident of Minnesota, the student not satisfying these two conditions automatically becomes non-eligible for this particular scholarship.
Some necessary information about the Masonic charities’ scholarship program
This organisation has many philanthropic activities running along with that they offer support to the students who are associated with different types of education models like Vocational, Technical, Trades Signature, Legacy, and Undergraduate. Although Minnesota Masonic Charities is a non-profit corporation and they have different types of educational-based scholarships under its umbrella, this particular scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that is provided to graduates of Minnesota high schools.
Some of the key highlights of this scholarship are that to apply for the MMC scholarship the applicant must be a U.S citizen. The second most important thing is the applicant must be a graduate or is graduating from a Minnesota high school or home school. Once you apply for this scholarship you can not apply to other scholarships run by the corporation. This scholarship is offered yearly and the person who successfully gets it will be announced on May 1 2023.
Scholarship value and deadline of the application
Under this scholarship category Masonic charities scholarship (MMC) offers a total of 40 awards with a value of each award is $2500 the deadline for submitting the online application along with the other necessary documents like a letter of recommendation, resume and transcripts are February 16, 2023.
Minimum Eligibility to get Minnesota Masonic Charities Vocational Scholarship
Like any other scholarship programme, MMC has also set some minimum criteria to filter out the applicants so that it can be provided to the most deserving ones. The minimum requirement to be eligible for this scholarship are,
- They want the applicant to perform well throughout their academic career, apart from that the student must be enrolled or planning to get enrolled in an accredited college which offers a vocational trade or technical program.
- Apart from that the applicant can also be in a two-year community college looking to get an associate degree.
- This particular scholarship is subject to be renewable for one additional year making the total value of the scholarship $5000.
Various requirements for Minnesota Masonic Charities Vocational Scholarship
- While filling up the application form to get MMC vocational scholarship you need to be very sure of the things they ask, and be ready with them while filling the application form.
- Be ready with a statement of your goals and educational plan. They need to understand and get knowledge as they are providing the scholarship to the right candidate
- You need to attach one letter of recommendation which can be written by your current teacher, organisation advisor, coach or community leader. A letter of recommendation provides weightage to your application. A well-written recommendation letter can assure you to get the scholarship in case you satisfy other criteria.
- You need to attach high school transcripts in this case you have to include your grades for the first semester of senior year.
- A resume is also required which will include information on the honours and awards you have received rill now, your leadership qualities, how you are involved in community services and also your previous work experience.