The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles is an organization which serves the Jewish people in the country and globally. Their major aim is to provide a comforting life, especially to this segment of society. In this blog, we will talk about the JFLA Brawerman Fellowship, which aims to provide a scholarship that will provide financial assistance and guidance to a Jewish student.
Table of Contents
JFLA Brawerman Fellowship
Like all major scholarships, this also aims to provide financial assistance to those students who are brilliant academically and have a wonderful career through their school but cannot support their education due to adverse financial conditions. To get this scholarship the applicant needs to demonstrate their financial needs, which means they lack the resources which will guide them to have a career by studying advanced education and getting into degrees.
Some prerequisites or eligibility criteria to notice before filling for JFLA The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles Brawerman Fellowship
- As mentioned, other scholarships also financially assist students in their education. They test their worth by looking at their academic record and checking various other factors. JFLA Brawerman Fellowship wants to know the applicant’s leadership qualities and whether or not you actively participate in community service. Being a leader, you need to have good communication and people skills. They also want to know if you are committed to the Jewish Community of Greater Los Angeles.
- You need to have a minimum of 3.5 GPA, as mentioned earlier, they want to ensure that you are good academically and put effort to get good grades in your field of study.
- The most important thing the scholarship wants to know that if you have demonstrated your financial needs.
- For this year of scholarship, you need to be a Jewish graduating senior who will be joining as a freshman at an accredited college or university during 2024-2025.
- As the name suggested, this scholarship is strictly for Jewish graduates living in Los Angeles County for a minimum of 3 years as of September 2024.
- Along with you, your parent(s) or guardian(s) must also be a Los Angeles County resident for at least 3 years by September 2024.
- Loyola University- New Orleans Honors Scholarship
- AFA’s Teen Alzheimer’s Awareness Scholarship
- Pepperdine University Helen Young Scholarship
- Minnesota Masonic Charities Vocational Scholarship
- Lynn Buerki Memorial Scholarship
Apply for The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles Brawerman Fellowship
- You can fill out an online application to apply for this scholarship. First, you need to visit https://Jewishla.spectrumportal.net/ and create an account. Once you successfully create the account, you might need to verify it by going to your mailbox. After that, you can successfully log in.
- While registering for the scholarship, the portal will ask you questions like name, address, etc. During the registration process, you need to click on “Scholarship Applicant “in the section labeled Portal Access.
- You can also apply for the Rautenberg New Leaders Project (NLP) or Community Leadership Institute (CLI) through the same portal.
- After you are done with all the initial steps, you need to click on the “Scholarship Applicant” tab at the top, where you can easily see the Brawerman Fellowship Application 2024 link.
- There is some important information that you need to provide in order to get this scholarship, you need to mention all the extracurricular activities, Jewish Communal activities, and Community activities that you performed so far. Mention its name, date, time, and a brief description; you also have to share your work experience and awards and honors that you have received in your academic career.
- You need to provide the annual gross income of your parent(s) or guardian(s). Along with this, you need to disclose the total assets they possess.
- You need to submit a copy of the cost of attendance for 2024-2025. In case the information is not available, use the information for 2024-2025.
- In case you have availed Federal or State Aid, or have any loans or 529 college savings plan please disclose it.
- A copy of your Student Aid Report SAR and Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA report is to be submitted.
- In case if financial aid award letter for 2024-25 is available please submit it.
Some more important things to disclose
- You need to submit the academic transcripts.
- In case it is applicable, please mention your Income Tax Return report for 2022.
- You need to submit the Income Tax Return report filled by your parent(s) or guardian(s); In case they are divorced, then an Income Tax Return report from both of them is required. In case if 2022 return cannot be filled by the deadline of this application form, which is February 15, you may submit the 2021 Federal Tax Return
- If you become the finalist of this scholarship plan, then submit your 2022 Federal Tax Return by April 14, 2023.
- You need to submit a copy of your School Financial Aid Award notice (if available) and an acceptance letter from the school you plan to attend in the fall of 2024.
- You need to give proof that you hold citizenship in the U.S., in case you are born outside be prepared with a green card or US passport.
- If some of the material is unavailable, you must submit it by April 14, 2023.
- In case you become the finalist for this scholarship you need to give a personal interview at The Jewish Federation on 18 and 19 April 2023.
The Award, Deadline and Scholarship Value
This is a $40,000 value scholarship where there are 4 number of awards and each one will get $10,000. The deadline to submit the application form for this scholarship is February 15, 2023.