The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles is an organization which serves the Jewish people in the country and globally also. Their major aim is to provide a comforting life, especially to this segment of society in this blog we will talk about the JFLA Brawerman Fellowship which aims to provide a scholarship which will provide financial assistance and guidance to a Jewish student.
More about JFLA Brawerman Fellowship
More about JFLA Brawerman Fellowship
Like all major scholarships, this also aims to provide financial assistance to those students who are brilliant academically and also have a wonderful carrier through their school but cannot support their education due to adverse financial conditions. To get this scholarship the applicant needs to demonstrate their financial needs, which means they lack the sources which will guide them to have a career by studying advanced education and getting into degrees.
Some prerequisites or eligibility criteria to notice before filling for JFLA The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles Brawerman Fellowship
- As mentioned, other scholarship also provides financial assistance to the students in their education and they test their worth by looking at their academic record, and they also check various other factors too. JFLA Brawerman Fellowship wants to know the leadership qualities of the applicant, whether you actively participate in community service or not. Being a leader, you need to have good communication and people skills. They also want to know if you are committed to the Jewish Community of Greater Los Angeles.
- You need to have a minimum of 3.5 GPA, as mentioned earlier they want to ensure that you are good academically and put effort to get good grades in your field of study.
- The most important thing the scholarship wants to know that if you have demonstrated your financial needs.
- For this year of scholarship, you need to be a Jewish graduating senior who will be joining as a freshman at an accredited college or university during 2023-2024.
- As the name suggested this scholarship is strictly for Jewish graduate living in Los Angeles County for a minimum of 3 years as of September 2023.
- Along with you, your parent(s) or guardian(s) must also be a resident of Los Angeles County for a minimum of 3 years by September 2023.
Apply for The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles Brawerman Fellowship
- You can fill out an online application to apply for this scholarship. First, you need to visit https://Jewishla.spectrumportal.net/ and create an account. Once you successfully create the account you might need to verify it by going to your mailbox. After that, you can successfully log in.
- While registering for the scholarship the portal will ask you questions like name, address etc. during the registration process you need to click on “Scholarship Applicant “in the section labelled Portal Access.
- You can also apply for Rautenberg New Leaders Project (NLP) or Community Leadership Institute (CLI) through the same portal.
- After you are done with all the initial steps you need to click on the “Scholarship Applicant” tab at the top where you can easily see Brawerman Fellowship Application 2023 link.
- There is some important information that you need to provide in order to get this scholarship, you need to mention all the extracurricular activities, Jewish Communal activities, and Community activities that you performed so far. Mention its name, date and time and a brief description, you also have to share your work experience and awards and honours that you have received in your academic career.
- You need to provide the annual gross income of your parent(s) or guardian(s). Along with you need to disclose the total assets possessed by them.
- You need to submit a copy of the cost of attendance for 2023-24 In case the information is not available use the information for 2022-23.
- In case you have availed Federal or State Aid, or have any loans or 529 college savings plan please disclose it.
- A copy of your Student Aid Report SAR and Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA report is to be submitted.
- In case if financial aid award letter for 2023-24 is available please submit it.
Some more important things to disclose
- You need to submit the academic transcripts.
- In case it is applicable, please mention your Income Tax Return report for 2022.
- You need to submit the Income Tax Return report filled by your parent(s) or guardian(s); In case they are divorced then an Income Tax Return report from both of them is required. In case if 2022 return cannot be filled by the deadline of this application form which is February 15, you may submit the 2021 Federal Tax Return
- If you become the finalist of this scholarship plan then submit your 2022 Federal Tax Return by April 14, 2023.
- You need to submit a copy of your School Financial Aid Award notice (if available with you) and also submit an acceptance letter from school from the school you are planning to attend in the fall of 2023.
- You need to give proof that you hold citizenship in the U.S., in case you are born outside be prepared with a green card or US passport.
- In case some of the material is not available, you are required to submit it by April 14, 2023.
- In case you become the finalist for this scholarship you need to give a personal interview at The Jewish Federation on 18 and 19 April 2023.
The award, deadline and scholarship value
This is a $40,000 value scholarship where there are 4 number of awards and each one will get $10,000. The deadline to submit the application form for this scholarship is February 15, 2023.