The Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) is one of the world’s most renowned scholarships. It was founded way back in 1975, with the sole aim of providing assistance in education which may empower both the students and parents. This was done by gaining and utilising those resources (provided to the student) which can guide them to achieve academic brilliance and have a reputed career. Here, we are talking about completing higher education.
Table of Contents
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF)
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund pledges to assist those students who are brilliant and exceptional in their studies, help Scholar who is doing some advanced research which can eventually have a positive impact on society, Alumni, and many students who are looking for assistance that can be in the form of scholarship amount.
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund operates for a very noble cause as they want to mobilize all the communities and make primary and college education a top priority for every family across the nation.
HSF aims to provide assistance, which means providing all the necessary tools and resources to their scholars so that they can perform better with in their course work, graduate, and later on excel in their field. Their vision is to help the nation to do better in every term which may involve economic and political growth as well. They do not just want to provide scholarships but a gateway or do mentorship for generations to come.
HSF is the nation’s leading non-profit organisation, which has dedicated its existence to providing scholarship funds which will benefit the student in many terms of academics and to have advanced careers. By far the Hispanic Scholarship Fund has provided over $675 million in scholarships while providing this hefty amount in a scholarship they also provide a wide range of programs which supports students, parents, HSF Scholars, and HSF Alumni.
Eligibility to fill Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF)
As with every scholarship functioning across the nation HSF also requires certain prerequisites that are to be fulfilled before applying for it. Some of the eligibility criteria are,
- As the name suggested, the applicant applying for this scholarship must be of Hispanic heritage. This means to qualify for this criterion though students can be of any race the student must be at least one-quarter Hispanic/Latino which means one of the grandparents must be of Hispanic descent.
- To apply for this scholarship the applicant must be an American citizen, or they can have permanent residence proof and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- Like other scholarships HSF also wants the applicant to be academically brilliant to do that they must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalent whatever is necessary. In case you are a college-going student and graduate student you must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- For this year of scholarship, the applicant must have planned to enrol for full-time college which is necessary to be a not-for-profit four-year university or graduate school in the United States of America.
- To submit the application form along with FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or state-based financial aid form in case it is applicable.
- Loyola University- New Orleans Honors Scholarship
- JFLA Brawerman Fellowship
- Pepperdine University Helen Young Scholarship
- Minnesota Masonic Charities Vocational Scholarship
- Lynn Buerki Memorial Scholarship
How to Fill out the Application Form for HSF
To apply for the HSF scholarship fund, you need to be prepared with the following things during profile submission,
- Transcript from your most recent high school or college you attended.
- You need to fill out FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or state-based financial aid form in case it is applicable.
- After successfully submitting your FAFSA you must receive a copy of the Student Aid Report SAR, and submit it.
- You have to submit a financial award letter, In case you have received it from your college or university that you will be attending.
- You also need to submit a headshot of your professional photograph.
- You need to submit at least one academic recommendation letter. You can get this letter from the academic advisor, guidance counsellor, teacher or maybe your sports coach etc.
- In case if you are a DACA Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals recipient you also need to submit an EAD Employment Authorization Document
Important Dates You Should Know
- With this coming new year, the application for HSF will be open.
- In February, the application will be due.
- March 15 will be the deadline for submission of the application.
- In the coming June, the selected candidates will be notified.
- By November 2023 the selected candidates can submit their required documents. The final date will be announced on the website.
- The selected candidates, after successfully submitting all the required documents, will be awarded in December 2023.
How to Successfully Get the HSF Scholarship?
If you go according to the criteria decided by HSF and successfully fulfill all of the requirements, you are bound to get the scholarship. However, there are some precautionary steps you can take to ensure you get the scholarship,
- The first thing they will look into is your grades. Maintain your par GPA throughout your career.
- You need to be well-balanced academically and also participate in extra-curricular and voluntary activities.
- You must showcase your commitment to giving value back to the community in which you reside. Participating in some community and nation-building activities can help.