The Aero Club Foundation of Washington helps to nurture and promote interest in the principles of aviation and aeronautics with this aim they have established the Aero Club Foundation of Washington. This is a 501 (c) (3) organisation which is based in Washington D.C the capital state of the United States of America. The scholarship program provides support and sponsor to student education at public and public charter schools in the District of Columbia.
This foundation believes that systematic investment is done to promote postsecondary education which is very necessary to set up the career tune of an individual and can help the students immensely. This scholarship takes care of that student who seeks financial aid and they have a low-income family.
All those scholarships which are need-based can help students to complete their education and establish their careers.
The scholarship provides financial aid to students in the district of Columbia. Financial aid means the money associated with this scholarship which is a whopping $5,000 can be used by the beneficiary student in studies which is related to aeronautics and aviation. This scholarship seeks those students who have shown interest and are passionate about aviation and wants to pursue their career in the field of aviation. The students who have enrolled in a district of Columbia metropolitan area public or public charter high school.
The district of Columbia and precisely the location Arlington, Alexandria and Fairfax counties in Virginia; and Prince George’s and Montgomery counties in Maryland can apply to The Aero Club Foundation of Washington scholarship.
- Pinnacol Foundation College Scholarship Program
- RMEL Scholarships
- RISCPA Carl W. Christiansen Scholarship
- Pearl Berlin Scholarship Fund
- Abdo Diverse Accounting Student Scholarship & Internship
More about The Aero Club Foundation of Washington scholarship
The amount which is associated with the scholarship can be used to pay for the expenses related to education. Like most scholarship which provides financial aid to a student this scholarship also has set some criteria for its applicants. These criteria may help them to filter out the applications for the scholarship and provide it to the worthy candidate.
To get this scholarship the applicant must attend an accredited technical school, college or university. Those students who have shown interest and study in aviation, aerospace, and other focused programs. If you have enrolled in a course of study and want to do an FAA mechanics certificate or any other certification which is related to aviation or other aerospace position or maybe for flight training can apply for this scholarship and provide financial aid to your studies.
This is also a need-based financial scholarship and the applicant to this has to fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Eligibility criteria or prerequisites for The Aero Club Foundation of Washington Scholarship
- In case you are a first-time applicant for The Aero Club Foundation of Washington scholarship you must be a student enrolled in a charter school or District of Columbia Metropolitan Area public. You may also be an alumnus of that school.
- In case you are applying for the scholarship a second time you are considered for future scholarships and need to satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Other documents required for The Aero Club Foundation of Washington scholarship
While you have satisfied the minimum criteria required for the scholarship there are some other requirements which you have to fulfil which are,
- The student has to clearly understand the question and complete the full application form.
- The applicant has to provide a 300-400 word written essay. The theme of the essay should be explaining the student’s career goals which describe their passion for an aerospace or aviation career.
- Candidates have to provide three letters of recommendation one each from a teacher or guidance counsellor or professor.
- The candidate has to be ready to provide a transcript which should be of a recent year.
- The student has to provide a copy of their Student Aid Report (SAR) from your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). As this is a need-based scholarship so a student has to successfully demonstrate their financial needs. The alternative for this is complete the financial need information which has to be a part of your online application.
How can I apply for the scholarship?
The applicant can click here to visit the application form for the scholarship. You need to fill it out online
When is the deadline for submission and the maximum amount associated with The Aero Club Foundation of Washington scholarship?
The last day for the submission of the application form is March 1, 2023, and the maximum award associated with this scholarship is $5,000.
What if an applicant is failed to submit an online application?
In case the applicant is failed to submit the online application they may contact Stephanie Griffith, Executive Director, Aero Club of Washington at (703)386-4330.
How many awards are distributed per year?
A maximum award of four per individual. Maximum of one grant per year to an individual. If an applicant has to reapply, they have to satisfy the minimum criteria.