Pinnacol Foundation College Scholarship Program: The Pinnacol Foundation has been serving humanity with a very noble cause and they have introduced an educational-based scholarship for it. In this, if a student is not able to support their education because of a lack of finances that arises due to their parent’s workplace injury.
Sometimes a student might be in need due to very difficult circumstances in their life, not because of grades or any academic challenges. The foundation deeply believes and understands that it can be very difficult at times when a parent who is the main reason to maintain a financial status of a family is injured. Those times can be testing.
Table of Contents
More about Pinnacol Foundation College Scholarship Program
The Pinnacol Foundation introduces this scholarship program so that the students who are going through financial churches due to their parents being involved in a workplace injury may be killed because of it. Pinnacol Foundation College Scholarship Program is designed to help students who aspire to do good with their academic careers and are very talented.
Since this organisation was founded in the year 2000, they have served more than 700 students living across Colorado. With more than 20 years of experience, they have been awarded a scholarship worth around $7 million. This scholarship value is around $4,700 for each student and this has been awarded every year. It means we have this scholarship per academic year. The award money of this scholarship can be used by an applicant for attending accredited colleges, universities, vocational schools and community colleges in the United States of America.
The motto of the Pinnacol Foundation
This foundation strongly believes that anyone might need assistance and help in a difficult situation as they believe in “Work hard, Care Harder”. Care is the essential term here, as they are always there to help and provide scholarships to the children who are attached to their loved one’s having to go through all the difficulties that might arise due to a work-related injury or even death.
The chairperson of this foundation feels privileged to help these children. They may face tremendous challenges while trying to live after some horrible experiences, they may have to take care of siblings contribute to their family budget and also have to attend college.
It’s an honour getting to know them and being a part of their educational journey.”
Eligibility criteria or some prerequisites for Pinnacol Foundation College Scholarship Program
- The most important clause of this scholarship is that if you are applying for the scholarship you have to be natural, adopted child, even a stepchild or fully dependent on a person who has been involved in a work-related accident. In that accident, the worker might have been killed or badly injured and the person necessarily employed by a Colorado-based employer.
- The second most important clause is that the injured or deceased person must be entitled to receive benefits that come under the Colorado Workers’ Compensation act. Although the insurance company cover is secondary and not considered as a necessity clause of this scholarship.
- You need to be between the ages of 16 and 25 in case you decide to fill out the application form for this scholarship.
- To get this scholarship though you need to maintain the necessary Grade Point Average (GPA), which is not as high compared to other scholarships as the motive of this is a bit different. You need to maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- To fill out the application form for this scholarship effectively you need to have a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED). If not that you need to be a high school senior.
- The application associated with this scholarship is a bit lengthy and the applicant has to fill it out completely and carefully. This scholarship application has to be reapplied each year.
This is a competitive scholarship so not everyone gets the scholarship amount if you have applied for it. This is the reason they have designed so many minimum criteria to be fulfilled in case an applicant wants to successfully get the award.
You can write your queries regarding this scholarship at email@example.com or even call them at 303.361.4775.
There are two ways to fill out this scholarship application form one is if you are an applicant who is reapplying or a new applicant.
New applicants filling out the application form for Pinnacol Foundation College Scholarship Program
- The applicant has to fill out the application form completely. Do not get overwhelmed while providing each detail in the application. Do not forget to read it and then put your answers.
- You need to provide your recent cumulative grade transcripts of high school, GED certificate or college.
- Student Aid Report (SAR) for completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Provide information about volunteer, extracurricular and employment experience.
- You need to write an essay of 500-1500 words on the topic “How your parent or guardian workplace injury affected you.
- You have to provide a death certificate in case the injury was fatal or necessary insurance documents including the first report of injury and a final admission of liability when the claim was closed or a general admission of liability.
In case you are a returning applicant
- You need to complete the renewable application and provide your recent transcripts.
- The updated information on your volunteer, extracurricular and employment experiences.
- A written update on your graduation also mentions your current academic progress.