Boating Writers International is a group of professionals working in the boating business. This group of professionals includes authors, editors, publishers, photographers, videographers, broadcasters, public relations experts, and others.
Table of Contents
Overview of BWI Active Interest Media Boating
Boating Writers International offers membership majorly in two categories.
- To active marine journalists based out of the United States of America, Canada, and Europe.
- Supporting the members that may be included in marine manufacturers and service companies.
The Boating Writers International (BWI) holds an annual contest, which usually takes place in December and offers an award of $15,000 in 15 different categories for literary and electronic media submissions.
This annual contest focuses on communication initiatives, including informative websites, a member directory that is updated annually, and engaging social media on member news and issues.
Partnerships with top marine manufacturing groups that serve as judges of BWI for competitions, recognizing advances in the maritime sector.
BWI scholarship is a yearly based scholarship program for tomorrow’s boating communicators. To be eligible for this scholarship, one should have a passion for boating and be a talented communicator. The panel of judges awarding this scholarship searches for an ideal candidate with the talent and some first-hand boating experience. The application is evaluated based on its creativity, organization, and clarity.
The description of the Boating Writers International Journalist Scholarship
- Full-time college students who are interested in making a career in the fields of journalism and boating are eligible for this scholarship.
- A student is usually burdened with today’s expensive education. The idea behind this scholarship is to provide a scholarship of $3000 award, which will eventually cover tuition and other education-related expenses.
- To be eligible if the student must be enrolled in any accredited college or university and pursue a degree in journalism, communication, or some related field; after all these, the applicant eyeing this scholarship automatically qualifies for Boating Writers International Journalist Scholarship.
- Students applying for Boating Writers International Journalist Scholarship must also be interested in boating; they must know this area.
- The applicant for this scholarship must be able to showcase their journalist skills by writing some samples and other media examples.
- This yearly scholarship means the winner is awarded once a year; the application is generally due in early spring.
Apply for Boating Writers International Journalist Scholarship
- To fill for the scholarship, the applicant must be a full-time student pursuing their studies from an accredited college or university with a Grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- The applicant also has to submit a 500-word essay, and the topic of this essay would be “Why do you want to pursue a career in journalism? You may also be asked to submit three writing samples.
- To fill out the form, the applicant has to provide some general information, as mentioned below.
- The selected candidates for the scholarship, once they get the benefits of it, cannot apply to future BWT scholarships.
- Although they do get a free one-year student membership.
- Close family members and BWI board members are not eligible for this scholarship.
Necessary information to be provided in the application form
- The name of the applicant who is applying for the scholarship.
- Permanent address of the applicant, including city, state, and ZIP code.
- The applicant’s e-mail address must be mentioned very cautiously as it will be the contact point.
- The date of birth of the applicant.
- The applicant has to mention the current college or university.
- The applicant has to mention the current Grade point average (GPA).
- What are the major fields of study?
- The applicant also has to mention the expected graduation date.
- The applicant has to describe their current and past experiences in the Boating Media. You must submit samples of your work that illustrates journalism standard of factual correctness, avoidance of business, and an effort to present the report from all sides. You can attach sheets if needed or mention the URLs for online media.
- You must explain all your extracurricular activities, explain your role, and attach sheets if necessary.
- If you are involved in any voluntary work, you need to explain it in detail.
- You need to provide some references with their name and occupation.
Criteria to get Boating Writers International Journalist Scholarship
- This scholarship welcomes all undergraduate students who have joined any accredited college or university and pursuing their studies through any discipline.
- Certainly, there is no restriction on several students applying from a particular college or university.
- The candidates who have applied for this scholarship should have a specific, measurable goal in the field of boating media. This fact can be proven by submitting written, visual, or audio content, a resume, a course orientation or other proof of good faith.
- Boating media generally includes art, print, cinema, online, and tape media.
The application will be considered well-submitted if it includes,
- Fill out the BWI scholarship application form completely.
- Written recommendation reverence from a professor, faculty advisor or any school official.
- You need to submit recent grade transcripts.
- The work which you have done on boating media.
- A one-page statement outlining the applicant’s career objectives.
- This is an optional submission; you need to get a letter of recommendation from boating media or employers familiar with the applicant.
You must use the English language for all this.
Application submission and deadline
The deadline is 15th January 2023.
You can email all of the material to email@example.com. In case the file is large, you can also use the drop box. You can download the application form from the page.