Davidson Fellows Scholarship: One of the most talked about scholarships in the United States of America is given by Davidson Institute. Founded in the year 1999 it has helped some of the most extraordinary youth with a high potential level in terms of their academic career and prospective future in jobs. As an institute, they aim to recognize these highly gifted students who are doing good academically, socially, and emotionally. They strongly believe as one of their core values that a well-directed and potentially brilliant student has no limits in terms of reaching heights of success.
The Davidson Fellows Scholarship is provided to a young individual of 18 or below age who need to complete a significant piece of work. The scholarship award value is $50,000, $25,000, and $10,000. For filling up the application form to apply for this scholarship includes categories that are in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Literature, Music, Philosophy, and Outside the Box. This is a yearly based scholarship in which Davidson Fellows are honored in an event in Washington D.C with Congressional meetings.
Eligibility for Davidson Institute Scholarship
It is one of the highest-rated scholarships in the country. Being a Davidson fellow, you need to showcase your talent which must distinguish you from other fellow students. The other important eligibility criteria one needs to fulfill to apply for this scholarship are,
- The first basic criterion the applicant has to be 18 years of age or below, they are eyeing to provide a platform to all the young and dynamic students so that they can achieve what they are meant to do.
- The next very important criterion is that you need to reside in the United States of America and be its citizen. You can also apply for the scholarship if you hold a Permanent Resident of the United States. The last case will be in any case if you are stationed outside the country (with your parents) to active United States military duty.
- For applying for the Davidson Fellow scholarship there in such minimum age criteria, though there are maximum age criteria and that is 18 years of age.
- You can also take participation in this scholarship as a team of two. In such cases, both the individual member must fulfill all the requirements required as minimum criteria for getting the scholarship.
- There will be an award function that will be hosted this year in September in Washington, DC by Davidson institute to award all its Davidson fellow students who need to join the event with one of their parents may be a guardian. All the travel expenses and the staying will be provided by the institute.
Review and guidelines for the scholarship project
For individual applicants
- The Davidson fellow scholarship is given based on some exceptional work. Exceptional work in this term will be evaluated if that work brings value and have the potential to benefit society as a whole.
- While filling up the application form you must have demonstrated a very creative idea that can have a high impact on the benefit of society.
- Generate a new idea that can ideally have a positive impact on society.
- All the applicants will be notified before July 15, 2023.
For team members
- You can apply as a team for this scholarship, every individual who is applying for the scholarship must fulfill the other necessary criteria. As a team, no more than 2 members can apply for this scholarship. Both the team members must be 18 years of age or below that, although there are no minimum age criteria for team members.
- To get the scholarship, reward the team members needed to present in the award function that will happen later this year in September in Washington D.C. The final money which will be awarded to the winning team will be split into two halves and distributed among the team members.
- This scholarship is not for students who are at their beginner levels.
- The Davidson Institute is seeking for those students who have a wide area of experience in their area of study. The area of study must be college-level graduates and must positively impact society.
- A noticeable thing is that all the projects that include photography, sculpture, films, and visuals are not kept under consideration for awarding the scholarship.
Deadline and the award value of the scholarship
There will be 20 scholarship awards given this year with a total scholarship amount of $50,000 and the deadline for submitting the application form is Feb 15, 2023.
- You should submit the initial application form ASAP and get it approved. In this way, you will get enough time to complete the nomination form. Once the initial application is submitted it will be reviewed in the next 1-2 days. Once it is approved by the committee you will receive a mail notifying you that you can continue with the nomination form.
- For the second part of the form, you need to carefully input the information related to your nominator. You need to choose the best nominator who can support your submission.
- You also need to submit your parent information and have to send your parent’s approval. In case you are applying as a team, parent approval from each team is required evaluation criteria
- The submitted application is been examined by a pool of expert judges who will eventually decide whether the applicant is eligible to get a $10,000, $25,000, or $50,000 scholarship.