This scholarship is introduced to support women who want to pursue their degrees in STEM. The idea behind this scholarship was introduced by the North-eastern Maryland Technology Council (NMTC) by looking after the reason to produce future leaders in the field of STEM which is Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Secondly, they want to dedicatedly work for the people of Maryland by growing the economy, driving technological advancements and investing in innovative ideas. All of this can be made possible by building a strong STEM-educated workforce.
By doing all this the North-eastern Maryland Technology Council (NMTC) believes that they can effectively connect the technology and companies in the world. They want to interrelate the growing enterprises, government, and academic leaders by vigorously supporting STEM education.
Table of Contents
More about North-eastern Maryland Technology Council (NMTC)
The period of 1990-92 was very exciting for the council as the council was created in 1990. In 1991 it was properly organised it became operational in 1992. It was believed as one of the fast-growing technology councils in Maryland. They have over 100 corporate members U.S. Army advocates and various community supporters. These all members provide access to industry, technology and government leaders in Baltimore Counties, Cecil also in Harford County.
- The Wes Vernon Broadcast Scholarship
- IAPD Scholarship
- Herman M. Holloway, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
- GSLMTC Mary Joan Wolf Memorial Scholarship
- Fort Worth Scottish Rite Foundation
About the NMTC/Bravura Scholarship for Women in STEM
This scholarship is offered by Bravura Information Technology Systems and the North-eastern Maryland Technology Council (NMTC). Each year they announce four applicants who successfully get the scholarship. The scholarship is valued at $5,000 which is a handsome amount which can eventually assist you in your future education.
The scholarship is dedicated to women who want to pursue their education in STEM. There are various similar financial assistance programs running in the United States of America. Though there are various other requirements besides the fact that only women can take part in the scholarship.
As stated earlier that only women can take part in this scholarship who will be graduating this year from Harford or Cecil County, they can be high/home students. One of the necessary clauses of this scholarship says that graduating women have to pursue a four-year degree course in the fields of STEM which is Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. During this fall the scholarship money will be awarded to the successful applicants.
There are various documents and information involved in this scholarship which we will discuss later on in this blog know we should know that we need to provide an essay and recommendation letters as additional documents.
The scholarship amount is kept at $5,000 which will be divided into two halves of $2,500 each and distributed to the successful student in each semester. This scholarship money can be utilised by the student for paying for tuition, room, board, books, and living expenses while pursuing a degree. Everything which is involved in this scholarship is systematically described through a process that will provide accountability for the funds.
Important dates involved and scholarship amount for NMTC/Bravura Scholarship for Women in STEM
There will total of 4 awards that will be distributed for the session 2024. The amount is kept at $5,000 for each successful applicant. The amount will be divided into two halves of $2,500 which will be awarded per semester. The last day to submit the scholarship application is 24 February 2024.
Applying for NMTC/Bravura Scholarship for Women in STEM
You can visit this link to apply online for this scholarship https://nmtc.org/bravurastemapp
Minimum criteria or prerequisites for NMTC/Bravura Scholarship for Women in STEM
So far, we have learned about the NMTC and how they have introduced NMTC/Bravura Scholarship for Women in STEM. This scholarship benefits women who want to pursue a degree course in STEM and are from Harford or Cecil County. The scholarship amount associated and all the important dates associated with it. Now let’s see some important criteria for the scholarship.
- Students need to complete the application form by providing all the necessary details that are asked.
- Provide the necessary transcripts that say you have achieved a minimum of 3.5 Grade Point Average or equivalent.
- The applicant needs to be focused on pursuing a STEM field of study.
- Submit two letters of recommendation either write it or attach an online document.
- In order to apply for the scholarship, you need to be a citizen of the United States of America or you should a permanent residency proof in Cecil or Harford County.
- Demonstrate all the activities that may justify your commitment towards science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). You can provide them by uploading a document or by writing online a maximum of 400 words.
- Apart from all this, the applicant has to provide an essay of 2500 characters or a maximum of 400 words illustrating how the student change the world positively using her area of study. How it will help her in fighting global challenges and solving a problem.
- The student has to provide a valid photo ID in form of a Student ID, Driving License or State Issued ID.
- A recent photograph of a headshot.