The Wes Vernon Broadcast Scholarship 2024: The students who are eager to pursue their careers in the field of journalism and are dedicated towards the goal of changing American Journalism can opt for various scholarships that are provided by Journalism Institute also known as The National Press Club. The Wes Vernon Broadcast Scholarship is one of the scholarships offered by this club.
Table of Contents
More about The Wes Vernon Broadcast Scholarship
The Wes Vernon Broadcast Scholarship is introduced by The National Press Club in 2021. As the name suggested this educational-based scholarship is provided to those students who are interested in Broadcast Journalism. Wes Vernon was well known for his work in the field of Journalism, especially in radio. He is also a former press member of The National Press Club.
This scholarship has been awarded and opened to those students who want to pursue their higher education in the field of Journalism. The scholarship was set in the honor of Wes Vernon who has dedicated his career to being a Radio Journalist. This scholarship award is open to any student who may be at any stage in pursuing a career in the field of Journalism.
This scholarship is pretty special and open to all students who are interested in the field of Journalism. For that, they do not have to be a U.S. citizen. Although preference is given to those students who are pursuing their studies and are enrolled with an accredited community college or university in the United States of America.
This is a merit-based scholarship in which the successful applicant will be selected from a pool of scholarship applications. For getting the scholarship student has to satisfy all the criteria set by The National Press Club for The Wes Vernon Broadcast Scholarship. Along with providing your details in the scholarship application form the applicant has to provide some necessary documents also. The application is to be filled out online and documents are to attach with it while submission.
- NMTC/Bravura Scholarship For Women In STEM
- IAPD Scholarship
- Herman M. Holloway, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
- GSLMTC Mary Joan Wolf Memorial Scholarship
- Fort Worth Scottish Rite Foundation
Different scholarships provided by The National Press Club in the field of Journalism
The National Press Club is well known to provide its services in the field of Journalism to all American. Also, known to change the face of American Journalism by nurturing students who are at any stage of pursuing their education towards the field of Journalism. For this ideology, they have introduced many scholarships that students must know and they are,
The Richard G. Zimmerman Scholarship: Awarded $5,000 to the student who fulfils all the criteria asked by the NPC. This is also a one-time scholarship.
The Scholarship for Journalism Diversity Honoring Julie Schoo: Another $5,000 scholarship which can be renewed for a maximum of three years covering a total value of $20,000 that can be used for education-related expenses.
The Dennis and Shirley Feldman Fellowship: This offers a fellowship to a student who is pursuing graduate studies in Journalism. This fellowship offers a one-time stipend of $5,000 which can be used by the student to deal with educational expenses.
The Lewis Scholarship: This is a unique scholarship and it provides a free housing facility and a monthly stipend which will support the student journalists who have planned to do internships at news media outlets in Washington D.C. from 2023 onwards.
Filling out the application form for The Wes Vernon Broadcast Scholarship
To apply for The Wes Vernon Broadcast Scholarship, you can simply visit this link: https://www.pressclubinstitute.org/national-press-club-scholarship-opportunities/
After going to this link please choose The Wes Vernon Broadcast Scholarship and start filling out the application form. The amount associated with this scholarship is $5,000 which can be renewed for a maximum of three years making the total value of the scholarship a whopping $20,000.
So far, we have discussed The Wes Vernon Broadcast Scholarship. The National Press Club organises different scholarships. We have seen a link from where you can apply for the scholarship. Now we will see some minimum criteria and documents which are required to apply for this scholarship.
Some minimum criteria or prerequisites for The Wes Vernon Broadcast Scholarship
- To successfully apply for this scholarship the applicant should pursue a career in the field of broadcast journalism. The applicant can be at any stage while pursuing a degree in Journalism. This Scholarship can also be renewed for up to three years.
- The application is open for all the students pursuing journalism in the US, you need not be an American citizen to apply for The Wes Vernon Broadcast Scholarship.
- The third and most important requirement is that students must be enrolled or planning to apply for admission in a broadcast journalism program from an accredited university or a community college in the United States of America.
Documents and other details required for The Wes Vernon Broadcast Scholarship
- In up to 150 words please describe why are you interested in journalism and what have done so far to pursue it.
- Most recent transcripts.
- Provide a 500-word essay on the topic of interest and commitment to work within broadcasting journalism.
- Your resume.
- Financial need description.
- Five work samples showcasing your abilities or interest in broadcast journalism.
- Three letters of recommendation.