The B. Bradford Barnes Memorial Scholarship is specially designed for the resident of Delaware which is a state in the United States of America. This scholarship works for the cause of providing financial assistance to students and families who are not capable to get a higher education because of so many factors, and one of them can be a weak financial status.
Looking after this, both the Delaware Department of Education and the Delaware Higher Education Office work together to ensure that post-secondary education is accessible and affordable to all Delaware residents.
Table of Contents
More about the B. Bradford Barnes Memorial Scholarship
The scholarship is based on a noble cause and assists the students of Delaware in their post-secondary education. The assistance can be provided in terms of financial condition. The applicant needs to demonstrate their financial needs by filling out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) report, which is a necessary step to comprehend the scholarship norms.
The basis of financial assistance is considered a building pillar for lots of scholarships that are being offered in the field of education nowadays in America. There are many scholarships which provide financial assistance to a weaker group of the community, and in order to be eligible to get that student has to perform well in their academics. However, there are various other criteria that are to be fulfilled for applying for a scholarship.
Technicality or various minimum criteria of the B. Bradford Barnes Memorial Scholarship
As already mentioned, this scholarship is strictly based on Delaware state residents, and to successfully apply for the B. Bradford Barnes Memorial Scholarship, applicants have to satisfy various conditions.
We need to understand the various technicality to successfully apply for the scholarship. Firstly, you must be a legal US citizen living in Delaware state. Secondly, you need to prove your academic brilliance by maintaining a minimum grade. To get this scholarship, you need to maintain a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA), and you should be a high school senior for that. You need to score a minimum of 1290 on your Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or an equivalent score in American College Testing (ACT).
The most basic requirement of this scholarship is that the applicant has to fill Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and must attend the University of Delaware.
Value of B. Bradford Barnes Memorial Scholarship
The value attached to the B. Bradford Barnes Memorial Scholarship is a whopping $26,740, which will cover the student’s full tuition fee. This scholarship can be renewed for a maximum of three tears. A student can renew this scholarship only if they maintain a 3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA).
Important dates for the B. Bradford Barnes Memorial Scholarship
The scholarship was opened for the applicant on December 1, 2022, while the last day for successfully submitting the application form for this scholarship is February 24, 2023.
Filling out the application form for the B. Bradford Barnes Memorial Scholarship
- You can visit this link in order to apply for the scholarship: https://www.doe.k12.de.us/Page/1953
- After visiting this link, the applicant needs to register himself on their portal. After the registration, the user has to complete their profile on the Delaware Higher Education Office website which was mentioned above. If the application form is left incomplete, then it cannot be processed further.
- In order to apply for the scholarship applicant has to provide all the club or organisation-related activities that they were a part of. To be able to apply for this scholarship, the applicant has to be an active member of various clubs or organizations. The activities organised by them give a greater chance to express your leadership qualities in you.
- You need to mention your interests. Whether you have received any awards or honours during your academic career, they want to have all this information to judge an applicant in different prospects.
- This is the perfect chance for you to mention all the activities you have been a part of while attending your school or outside of it.
- You need to provide your academic information to the Delaware higher education office, and it must inform if you attended a charter high school or Delaware public school.
- After taking this information the Delaware higher education office will access your 9th through 11th grade on unweighted cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) and Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) scores through eSchool.
- You need to provide a Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) copy and 9th through 11th-grade high school transcripts in case you are a home-schooled student or have attended a private high school in the state of Delaware. This is done to show your unweighted cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) to the Delaware higher education office.
- If you have any scholarship-related queries, please write to us before the deadline at email@example.com.
- The applicant needs to fill out the FAFSA form before the deadline for the scholarship.