The University of Oxford, in collaboration with various fundraisers and trusts, is providing scholarships to the aspiring students of Australia who wish to pursue their further education in the world’s most prestigious and renowned university, also known as the University of Oxford. This article will cover all the major Oxford Scholarships programs that are open to be availed by Australian students.
Oxford Australian Scholarships
Since the early 1990s, the Australian National University and Oxford University have strengthened their friendship along the way, and one such demonstration of this friendship can be seen by the scholarship programs that they’ve provided. This year under the Australian Oxford Endowment, various scholarships have been offered. These scholarships are briefly discussed and listed below.
James Fairfax Oxford Australia Scholarship
This Scholarship grants access to the students to study in all the colleges of Oxford University. The eligibility criteria, awards granted, and application procedure are explained below.
The applicant should meet certain criteria to be able to opt for this scholarship. Make sure you meet the following conditions before starting your application procedure.
- The candidate should be an Australian citizen. Typically, a resident of Australia.
- The person should possess an undergraduate degree obtained from a recognized Australian University.
- The degree should be passed with first-class honours.
To apply for Australian Oxford Undergraduate Scholarship students first need to.
- Fill out the graduate application form by visiting https://evision.ox.ac.uk, make an account followed by entering your appropriate details.
- After submission, your application will first be considered for the “Clarendon Award”.
- To make it considered under the “James Fairfax Oxford Australia Scholarships” candidates will have to:
- Apply directly after the issued date when the form-filling procedure commences to the Oxford Australia Scholarship Committee.
- Provide proof of you being an Australian resident who has a graduation degree from a recognized Australian University.
- At least have three letters of recommendation with themselves and a sample of their writing.
- An additional document stating desires and aspirations you have with the course of your choice.
For further information, click on the James Fairfax Australia Scholarship.
Ian Wilson-Guy White – Magdalen College Oxford Australia Fund Scholarship
Funded by, as the name suggests, two generous people who used to be a student at the University of Oxford. This scholarship offers students to take admission in any of the disciplines to pursue their post-grad or D/Phil degree.
The eligibility required to be able to apply for the Magdalen College Oxford Australia Fund Scholarship is mentioned as follows.
- The Person should be an Australian resident.
- Should’ve attained their bachelor’s degree from a recognized Australian University.
- The Degree of the candidate should’ve been completed with first-class honours.
The application procedure to apply for the Ian Wilson-Guy White – Magdalen College Oxford Australia Fund Scholarship is the same as that mentioned under the James Fairfax Oxford Australia Scholarship above.
- The award given out for the year 2021-22 was $ 15,000.
- The Scholar may get awarded other awards on the committee’s approval.
To gather more information on the topic visit Ian Wilson-Guy White – Magdalen College Oxford Australia Fund Scholarship.
Magdalen College – Oxford Australia Fund Scholarship
The scholarship offered under this fund makes students eligible to opt for any of the courses in the university in which the student wishes to enroll. The application procedure, eligibility criteria, and awards for this scholarship are similar to those mentioned above.
University College Old Members – Oxford Australia Fund Scholarship
This scholarship enables students to get admission to their desired course at the university. The application procedure, eligibility criteria, and awards for this scholarship are no different than those mentioned above.
Brasenose College Oxford Australia Scholarships
This Scholarship is funded by Australians who’ve completed their studies at Brasenose College. It allows the scholar to opt for any of the disciplines. The tenure for pursuing post-graduation is two years and three years for D Phil degrees. Further information on eligibility criteria, awards granted, and application procedure are mentioned as follows.
To be eligible to opt for a Brasenose College Oxford Australia Scholarship, make sure to fulfill the following requirements.
- The person should be a resident of Australia.
- Should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized Australian University
- Should’ve passed their degree with first-class honors.
- The Person shouldn’t have studied overseas for an international degree.
Candidates do not have to fill out any separate application form to apply for the Brasenose College Oxford Australia Scholarships. The general graduate application for Oxford University will be taken under consideration on its own for the Brasenose College Oxford Australia Scholarship.
- The Brasenose College Oxford Australia Scholarship award will cover all the university and college fee expenses.
- A generous amount of living allowance is also provided to the scholar.
Lincoln College – Oxford Australia Clarendon Scholarship
Similar to other scholarship programs students getting selected under this scholarship program will also have the freedom to choose for their course of preference. The application procedure, eligibility criteria, and awards for this scholarship are similar to what we have explained above.
Links for the rest of the scholarships are mentioned as follows.
- Magdalen College – Oxford Australia Scholarship fund
- University College Old Members – Oxford Australia Fund Scholarship
- Brasenose College Oxford Australia Scholarships
- Lincoln College – Oxford Australia Clarendon Scholarship
Another well-renowned scholarship program that enables bright-minded Australian students to be admitted to the University of Oxford. A total of 9 scholarships have been offered to the Australian region. Aspiring candidates can pursue their postgraduation and degrees like MPhil/DPhil at Oxford University. It is beneficial as it covers most of all the university expenses and provides additional allowance with it.
You can check our Rhodes Scholarship process to learn more about the allowance, application procedure, and courses offered.