Do you wish to pursue your postgraduation or DPhil/MPhil degree from one of the prestigious institutions in the UK? Then you are at the right place, as this article will let you know all the information you need to learn about a Scholarship that will turn your dream of Studying at The University of Oxford into reality. The Rhodes Trust Scholarship offered by the Rhodes Trust allows overseas students to enroll themselves in the institution without worrying about the cost it’ll incur as they claim to cover most of all the expenses that are likely to be spent throughout the process. The Following Article will cover all the necessary information related to the application process, eligibility criteria, and the courses of choice.
The Rhodes Scholarship
One of the oldest and most prestigious scholarship programs in the world which provides overseas students with a golden opportunity to get ad missioned in the University of Oxford. It aims to bring together unlike-minded people who are like-minded at heart and possess the potential to change mankind for good. A total of 9 Scholarships to the Australian Region were offered, and a decent number of applications were accepted.
Under The Rhodes Scholarship, the student has to pay no tuition fee, on top of that, the Scholar will be given an allowance of £19,092 per annum (£1,591 per month) from which the Scholar can pay all living expenses, including accommodation. The date of application, however, has ended; for the students wanting to enroll in the year 2024, they can still access all the essential knowledge related to the Scholarship for future use and application. Following, we have provided further information on the matter.
For any application to be filled, one must satisfy all the necessary conditions of the application. Therefore, to be able to take part in the application procedure of The Rhodes Scholarship a set of criteria needs to be fulfilled by the individual. These conditions are mentioned as follows.
- Nationality: The person must be an Australian Citizen or a permanent resident of Australia. The refugees and asylum seekers who are currently residing in Australia will be considered under the same constituency.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate from the Australian Secondary School must complete at least two years of secondary schooling.
- Age Limit: The Person’s age must fall within the range of 18-24.
- Academic Requirements: Academically, the person should have their undergraduate completed by the year they are supposed to be joining the institution. For Example: If a person applies for the year 2024, he must complete his graduation degree by that year.
- All the aspiring Rhode Scholar should possess.
- A First-Class Honours Degree.
- Above average CGPA score in your degree, preferably greater than or equal to 3.7/4 or 6.75/7 or weighted average marks more than 80%.
- Other additional indicators of achievements like prizes and awards won.
Further information can be accessed from their official website i.e. The Rhodes Trust.
How to Apply
- The mode of application for form submission is online, and applications from no other means shall be accepted.
- To apply for the choice of course, one must apply for the Rhode’s Scholarship first,
- Visit the Rhodes Scholarship Check your Eligibility section. Enter your country’s name and choose the suitable options.
- After making the appropriate choice another page with an option to “apply” will appear to be able to see it you’ll have to scroll down the page a bit.
- After your application gets selected, you may apply for the next form where your course of choice has to be filled in with the help of the University of Oxford’s graduate application form.
- If your application becomes unsuccessful in making it in the first, try. The applicant can make an additional subsequent re-application. An applicant can only attempt twice.
- The Rhodes Application will need you to provide the following information
- Contact Information
- Evidence of you meeting the eligibility criteria.
- Your educational history, which involves the transcript of your university qualification.
- Your Course of Choice
- An academic CV.
- An academic statement
- A Personal Statement
- A Total of five Referees
- It is to be noted that the applicant shall charge no application fees.
Following are the documents that will be required for you to upload during the time of application. Other essential documents are supposed to be kept for subsequent rounds. It is to ensure that all of the documents are in English, and if any of your original document is not in English, they shall provide the translation.
- Passport or Birth Certificate confirming your age.
- Other essential documents to prove your Australian Citizenship or permanent residency for example passport, certificate of citizenship or permanent residence.
- Your University Transcript showcasing the grades you’ve achieved, in case of no display of marks on your transcript, ask for your university to give you an accurately calculated GPA or weighted average mark and to advise you formally regarding it.
- Documents of you completing at least two years of your schooling at Australian Secondary School.
- In case of English not being your first language check out the Oxford University’s English language requirements and see if you have to provide documents making your English Language Skills evident.
- A CV that has prizes, scholarships, positions of leadership, employment positions, involvement in student, voluntary, community or political activities and any cultural, musical or sporting accomplishments well explained.
- The CV’s length should not exceed three A4 (12pt font size) pages.
- It is to be made clear that the CV should not have any photograph of yours.
- In case any false or misinterpreted information is found, the person’s application will lead to disqualification.
- Photo of the applicant from head to shoulder in JPG format. This photo of yours will not be given to the selection committee until after final shortlisting decision has been made.
Choosing Your Course
Picking your desired course and making sure that the university offers it is yet another significant step to be taken by the applicant. Thus, we have given some general instructions and requirements provided by the university that should align with those of the applicant.
- Scholars are expected to complete two years of their study at the university. People wanting to pursue only a single yearlong course shall not be permitted to take the admission. (Exceptions may apply to get in-depth details on the matter consider visiting the official site.
- After your master’s degree completion, the university may offer you to pursue an additional year for the ones who choose to read for the DPhil.
- Information regarding courses of two-year degree tenure.
- Senior Status BA degree: Applicants who already hold a graduation degree in BA are open to applying for it. The tenure of this degree will be two years instead of three. To inquire more information on the matter the official brochure has all the necessary information.
- One Year Masters Course: followed by a second-year master’s course.
- Master’s Course of two years
- MSc by research of two years
- Information regarding DPhil persuasion under Rhode’s Scholarship.
- Direct admission to the three-year DPhil: Medical science or Maths, Physical, and Life Sciences students are open to apply directly for the DPhil.
- Students who completed one year of master’s course are permitted to apply to the DPhil while they are in their second year.
- Students who took MPhil/BPhil are open to applying for the DPhil Course.
- To enquire more about how many courses are offered by the university or to resolve other additional queries visit the university website.
For more details visit Courses offered under the Rhodes Scholarship.