The Scholarship for Journalism Diversity Honoring Julie Schoo 2023: The National Press Club presents a platform from where young aspirants who want to study Journalism and want to secure their future in a work related to it can apply for four different Journalism scholarships. All these four scholarships have been named after famous journalists who excelled in this field.
More about the scholarships offered by The National Press Club
This is a unique platform specially designed for future journalists. All those students who have done their preliminary education performed well in academics and want to pursue their career in Journalism can apply for one of the scholarships.
1. Richard G. Zimmerman Scholarship: This $5,000 scholarship is for high school seniors who are determined to pursue Journalism for their higher studies.
2. The Scholarship for Journalism Diversity Honoring Julie Schoo: This scholarship is also dedicated to high school seniors who want to pursue their higher education in the field of Journalism. The amount associated with the scholarship for Journalism Diversity honouring Julie Schoo is $5,000.
3. Wes Vernon Broadcast Scholarship: This award is open to a student at any stage of their Journalism career. The amount associated with this Wes Vernon Broadcast scholarship is $5,000.
4. The Dennis and Shirley Feldman Fellowship: This is awarded to a student who is pursuing a graduate course in Journalism. The amount associated with this Dennis and Shirley Feldman Fellowship is $5,000.
Also Check: The Richard G. Zimmerman Scholarship 2023
More about The Scholarship for Journalism Diversity Honoring Julie Schoo
As mentioned earlier that this scholarship seeks a high school senior who wants to dedicate his career journey toward Journalism. The Scholarship for Journalism Diversity Honoring Julie Schoo looks to help students at a very early age in this case high school. The scholarship value attached to this scholarship can be used by the student in order to pursue the course of Journalism from a highly accredited college or university.
The award for this scholarship is a very good amount of $5,000 and this is renewable also. The scholarship value can successfully be renewed for up to three years, though the award value associated with it will remain the same, $5,000 yearly.
According to The National Press Club, the aim of the scholarship for Journalism diversity honouring Julie Schoo is that they want to bring some promising faces to American Journalism by helping students at a very young age and assisting them financially in order to pursue their higher education in the field of Journalism. This scholarship has been named after the former executive director of the National Press Club (NCP).
Important dates associated with The Scholarship for Journalism Diversity Honoring Julie Schoo
This scholarship amount is awarded yearly to one successful student. This is a yearly based renewable scholarship which can be renewed for 3 maximum years. The award value associated per year is $5,000. Students can use this award value for their education-related expenses. The last day for submitting the application form is March 27, 2023. A student who wants to apply for this scholarship has to provide various details along with the document and submit them online in their portal.
You can visit this link and start answering the question that is required for this scholarship. The answers that you provide are then weighed on various minimum criteria decided by the panel committee, once you fulfil them you will get the scholarship reward: https://www.pressclubinstitute.org/national-press-club-scholarship-opportunities/
So far, we have covered about four different scholarships associated with the area of Journalism organised by The National Press Club. We have learned about The Scholarship for Journalism Diversity Honoring Julie Schoo. The reason behind this scholarship, and for which category of students this scholarship is. You can click on the link provided and easily browse these four scholarships and apply to one of them. Now we will see some minimum eligibility criteria required to fill out the application form and the documents required for this scholarship.
Minimum criteria or prerequisites for The Scholarship for Journalism Diversity Honoring Julie Schoo
- In order to fill out the application form you can apply through their portal. One of the necessary conditions says that the student has to be a high school senior and to successfully get the scholarship they must be eyeing to join an accredited college this coming year.
- The second condition that is to be fulfilled demands good academic performance. As they are looking for the grades you have achieved. This can decide a candidate’s future for this scholarship because there are many applicants to this and you need to maintain a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA).
- The third condition is perhaps the simplest one. To get this scholarship the applicant should want to pursue a career in journalism. To do that you need to plan to join a highly accredited college and pursue your career in Journalism.
Documents required to fill out The Scholarship for Journalism Diversity Honoring Julie Schoo
- Provide an answer for your interest in doing Journalism. You need to answer it in less than 150 words and also need to mention how have you pursued it so far.
- Attach the most recent transcripts in PDF format.
- You need to write an essay of 500 words on the topic “how will you bring diversity to U.S Journalism”.
- You need to describe your financial status.
- You have to provide three to five work samples which will be elaborating on your abilities in the field of journalism.
- You also need to provide three letters of recommendation from your teacher, professor, employers, leaders of various groups you are currently involved with and people who are familiar with your work.