The RMEL scholarship is run by the RMEL foundation which is one of the leading foundations promoting careers in the electric energy division. The foundation was incorporated on March 5, 1999. This is also a non-profit tax-exempt foundation. The main purpose behind the RMEL Foundation is to provide scholarships for well-deserving and qualified students in the domain of engineering, line working, information systems, business, plant, line or distribution technology, or any other curriculum which is related to the electric energy industry.
Awarding the RMEL scholarship
By looking at the fact this foundation wants to encourage students in the field of electric energy. In the United States of America, many scholarships which are functioning in the education domain have some special emotion or condition associated with it as in this case encouraging students in the electric energy industry.
For this, the RMEL foundation chooses to provide a scholarship to the most deserving and qualified college student who is focused on engineering or the curriculum related to the electric energy industry. This scholarship intends to encourage college students to pursue a career in the industry related to electric energy.
RMEL foundation also provides scholarships to all those students who are pursuing an associate degree at a college which may be a community college, a four-year college or maybe a four-year university. This award is also for those who are doing a position certificate.
More about the RMEL scholarship
This scholarship provides financial aid to the students. The award amount associated with the scholarship is ranging from $1,000-$3,000. There are various important criteria which have to meet in order to provide the scholarship amount to the right candidate. All these eligibility criteria will be discussed later on in this blog. The scholarships which assist in terms of finance and guidance keep different eligibility criteria to filter out the perfect worthy opponent for the scholarship.
In order to get this scholarship student has to be a current high school senior, high school graduate or current university/college undergraduate which can be a freshman, sophomore, junior to senior student. One more clause to this scholarship says that the student needs to pursue or plan to pursue an electric industry position certificate. It can be for a lineman program, renewable energy certificate, etc.
Secondly, the student who will be applying for the scholarship needs to provide the information as to which specific program they are going to attend, and the university or college must be accredited. The student must be determined to pursue their career in the electric energy industry. You have to be various cautious and provide complete information while filling out the application form.
Categories of the award
There are two categories in which the award is distributed to the applicants.
- RMEL foundation scholarship: The amount associated with this scholarship ranges from $1,000 to $3,000.
- RMEL foundation named scholarship: This is a special scholarship which is awarded to the individual by the foundation in the name of the individual or corporate donors.
Applying for the RMEL scholarship
- You can visit this link in order to fill out the application form for the scholarship: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=rmel
- In case the applicant has any difficulty while filling out the application form or about the scholarship, you may call (303) 865-5544 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important dates associated with the RMEL scholarship
The last date for receiving the scholarship form is kept 24, February 2023. In May, the recipient may start getting the notifications.
Eligibility for RMEL scholarship
Like all the scholarships that are running currently in the education domain RMEL scholarship also fixed some eligibility criteria which can determine the worthy and successful candidate. So far, we have covered what the RMEL foundation does, and how it is helping the students with its scholarship programs. We have also provided a link from where you can easily fill out the application form for the scholarship. Now let’s see some criteria or prerequisites for the RMEL scholarship.
- To get this scholarship you must be a current high school senior, high school graduate or current university/college undergraduate which can be a freshman, sophomore, junior to senior student.
- Once you satisfy this clause, the next clause says you must be pursuing or have the plan to pursue an electric industry position certificate. It can be for a lineman program, renewable energy certificate, etc.
- You must be pursuing or should have the plan to pursue an undergraduate degree with a plan to pursue a career in the electric energy industry.
- In order to get the scholarship, the student needs to be a lawful citizen of the United States of America.
- Need to fill out the application form.
- If you have been awarded the scholarship you will be asked all through the remaining years of college to provide the necessary details to RMEL. The information may include the expected graduation date, expected degree, internship and post-graduation employment.
- To be able to get this award you need to do good academically, serve the community and school, etc.