Since the beginning of the GWCF Scholarship Competition, they have awarded scholarships on various levels in a national competition. There is a rise in demand for authentic, motivational information on Historical figures. The main beneficiary of this Foundation’s projects is the nation’s school children.
Introduction to GWCF National level Scholarship
Many high school seniors who have shown a particular interest in moral courage, character, and duty to state and country and are considering a career in government services have received a grant from $500 to $5000 through this scholarship program being run by GWCF foundation. A total of more than $1,942,750 have been given by this Foundation to support these students in their aim.
- This is the 48th annual National Washington Crossing Foundation Scholarship Awards Program which is officially announced by the WCF (Wahington Crossing Foundation).
- Students planning to take the benefits of this scholarship program must have the plan to work for the government and be in the final year of high school. Only then are they eligible for this scholarship.
- Those students who have been granted full four-year tuition grants or intend to enroll in one of the Military Academies are eligible for an award.
- The award value for this scholarship ranges from $500 to $5000 on a national level and local college scholarship.
Necessary information on GWCF Scholarship
- The board of trustees from WCF has announced this scholarship officially for seniors in high school or students completing 12th grade who are planning to work for the government in their career and are welcome to fill out the application form.
- Candidates who are applying for this scholarship must be American citizens.
- A basic principle thinking and vision of the members and trustees of the organization is that we must have thoroughly educated, committed young people to carry the government’s work in the future.
- This society consciously believes in the country’s history that occurred at Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.
Requirement of GWCF Scholarship
If the candidate applying for this scholarship fulfills the criteria mentioned above, they must provide the final things.
- Application form for applying for the scholarship.
- The applicant must apply for the scholarship with a well-designed cover letter.
- Headshot (optional).
Submission of the application form at GWCF Scholarship
The application form is said to be complete if it includes three copies of a double-spaced cover page containing the information in the double-spaced format of the following
- Full name of the applicant
- Home address of the applicant with the full details of city, zip code, street, and state they currently live in.
- Applicant’s home phone number with the state code.
- School name of the applicant.
- School address of the applicant with the full details of the city, zip code, street, and state.
- Applicant’s school phone number with the state code.
- The number of students in senior class/in school.
- Name and title of the school principal or Guidance scholar recommending the applicant.
- How did the applicant know about this scholarship, or which search engine did the applicant choose for browsing about the scholarship?
- The applicant’s date of birth.
- Applicant’s home email address.
- Applicant’s mobile phone number.
- If applicable, PA county of residence in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery.
- The applicant has to mention if they have any relatives who have served in the armed force. They have to mention their relationship with you while serving in the armed forces.
The applicant is allowed to send their photograph along with the application. Draft your emails as priority mail.
Eligibility for GWCF Scholarship
- The student who is applying for the Scholarship must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- This competition is open to all high school seniors.
- The students applying for this Scholarship must plan their careers to serve the United States local, state, or federal government.
Rules to follow while filling out the Scholarship
- The Applicant should insure that a cover letter must be attached along with the application while filling out the application form.
- The Applicant must send three copies of a 1-page essay (the maximum word limit is 300 words).
- The essay should outline why the Applicant wants to work for the government. Inspiration to write this essay must be driven by George Washington’s leadership in his famous crossing of Delaware.
- The essay should be related to career-related viewpoints, attitudes, and purposes.
- The essay is to be submitted in typewritten on a single page, the whole article should be double-spaced, and it should not be smaller than 12-point type.
- The Applicant has to ensure that the printing equipment you are using for printing your essay must be in good condition; they will only read the essay with good typography.
- Three copies of a Letter of Recommendation from the Applicant’s high school principal or Guidance Counsellor that will evaluate the Applicant’s accomplishments, both academic and extracurricular.
- Three copies of the Applicant’s high school transcripts and a test score of nationwide test programs like the SAT and ACT.
- Three copies of Resume, Biography, Honours, and Awards.
- You can also add other recommendations and documentation the entrant, principal, or guidance counsellor wish to submit.
- The information, as mentioned earlier, is to be collected, assembled, and stapled together in the upper left corner.
- The transcripts and the letter of recommendation must be sent together. It must be sent along with the other documents.
- The student will mail the dossier to the school, combining the transcripts and letter of recommendation without sealing them in separate envelopes.
- School can put their seal mark outside the envelope in which dossiers are to be mailed.
- The three dossiers must be sent in a single flat 9*12 envelope, which is unfolded. Application without first-class postage will not be entertained, and we do not recommend using express mail or overnight delivery options.
- Before mailing, make sure the box for no signature is checked.
Evaluation Criteria of the applications
- The judging committee consists of at least six trustees of the WCU foundation, one previous scholarship recipient, and a well-reputed educator.
- The panellist will judge based on your understanding of your career choices and the purpose of choosing this career path. They will also check your leadership qualities, level of sincerity, and historical perspective.
- All the semi-finalists may be interviewed via phone, while the finalist will also be interviewed on the phone.
Process of awarding the scholarship
By March, all the semi-finalists and finalists will be informed. The winner will be notified in April. By June 30, names, cities, and winners’ profiles will be published on the WCF website.
Award and the deadline for the scholarship
The total award value is $5000
Deadline January 15, 2023
Official Website is gwcf.org/scholarship