Deakin International Scholarship: Students applying at Deakin University can apply for scholarships. They can receive a waiver for their tuition fee by choosing any of the available scholarships. There are certain programs that are specifically for domestic students. If you are an international student, that is, not a permanent resident or citizen of Australia, you cannot avail of the benefits of those schemes. Nevertheless, you can apply for international Scholarships. The authorities have announced the Deakin International Scholarship for the same purpose. The students can get partial coverage of their fees if they are eligible and qualified enough to receive the award.
In the subsequent article, you shall find all the details pertaining to the scholarship program. Check the eligibility criteria, documents required, award details, and much more. Further, you can apply using the direct links for the scholarship application form.
Deakin International Scholarship 2023
Rated among the top 250 universities in the world, Deakin University is definitely one of the most sought colleges in Australia. The students must observe that not only, it is very prestigious, but also is quite expensive. In able to afford it within your budget or get relief with finances, you can always seek scholarships. The authorities at Deakin also offer scholarship programs. A few of these programs are limited to home students while a few are for those belonging to specific countries or territories. Even for international students, the authorities offer the Deakin International Scholarship. The prospects seeking admission in the upcoming summer session of undergraduate and postgraduate courses can apply for the program.
|Name of the Scholarship||Deakin International Scholarship Program|
|Authority||Deakin University, Australia|
|Session||2023 – 2024|
|Course||Undergraduate and Post Graduate|
|Award||Full or Partial coverage of Academic Expenses|
|Field of Education||All|
|Application Deadline||2 February 2023|
What is Deakin International Scholarship Program?
Deakin University aims to encourage meritorious international prospects to apply for education in the institution. However, the costs can be a limiting factor. Thus, in order to ease the finances, the authorities fund high-achieving international students and their education. The Deakin International Scholarship Program works in the same direction. The authorities have announced two scholarships that offer coverage of tuition fees. One of these scholarships is Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship. As per this scholarship, the students get complete coverage of their fees and added monetary benefits. Nextly, the unsuccessful applicants of this program are considered for the Deakin International Scholarship which only covers a partial amount.
Both programs are only for International students. Domestic students can find scholarships suitable to them and apply accordingly. The process for the scholarship will proceed in online mode. The applicants for education at Deakin University who are eligible will have to apply for the program by filling out the application form. The form has to be submitted before the deadline. The authorities will review all the aspects of the application and allocate the award accordingly.
Scholarship Awards for International Students at Deakin
International students need to observe that there are multiple scholarships available for them depending on their nationality, background, and much more. It is noteworthy that the Deakin International Scholarship Program has two scholarships under it. The awards differ depending on the merit of the student. The following are the kinds of awards that will be offered to the applicants depending on the scholarship they qualify for:
- Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship: The awardees of this particular scholarship will get 100% coverage or 50% of their college tuition fees. In the case of accommodation in the university, the students will be receiving a certain extent of preference. Additionally, the students will qualify for the Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program which shall provide them with very personalised and specific help. This program aims to mentor them, prepare them for careers, and contribute to the holistic development of the student by equipping them with skills and all necessary kinds of guidance. The entire program has a very dedicated team that supports them throughout. You can check all the details pertaining to the Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program here.
- Deakin International Scholarship: The candidates who will be awarded this scholarship if they are eligible, meritorious, and qualified. The unsuccessful applicants of the aforementioned scholarship will be automatically considered for an upgrade if they qualify for this particular scholarship. The authorities shall provide them with 25% discount on their tuition fees. The prospects need to understand that they shall not be accommodated in the Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program if they are receiving this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for the Foreign Scholarship Program
The students who are seeking admission in the 2023 – 2024 session of Deakin University in Australia and are neither permanent residents nor citizens of Australia, can apply for the scholarship programs available for foreign nationals. However, they must be entirely eligible to do so. All the details pertaining to the specific eligibility criteria have been mentioned subsequently. Check all the details and apply accordingly, if you satisfy the conditions:
- The candidate has to be an international student who does not hold any permanent residency or citizenship in Australia.
- The prospect must be eligible for the course or education opportunity that they apply for at the University.
- They should not have already been selected for any others scholarship program offered at Deakin or any other relative authority.
- In order to qualify for the merit list of the Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship, the candidate must have at least scored 85% marks or above in the education program they last attended.
- For the Deakin International Scholarship, the qualifying marks criteria is 65%.
Documents Required for Application of the Scholarship
The candidates who are all set to apply for admission and thus, a scholarship at Deakin University need to have the following documents as prerequisites for the application:
- Filled out the application form for the Deakin International Scholarship Program.
- Completed Application Form for admission in Deakin University.
- Reference Letters that provide insight into community engagement and contributions, only for Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship.
- 300 words Personal Statement written by the particular Student. The statement must provide an insight into why the student wishes to study in the University, their personal experiences and achievements, explain who will add value to the university as an ambassador, and additional information.
Apply for Deakin Scholarship for International Students
The students who seek to apply for the scholarship programs for international students at Deakin University can either apply online or offline. The last date to apply for the international scholarship program is 2 February 2023. The candidates must observe that if they fail to send in their applications before the deadline, the selection board for the scholarship program will not consider them or their late application. This could result them losing a chance at the scholarship. In case of an offline application, the students will have to retrieve the application form from the official portal and completely fill it out. They must attest all the documents along with them and submit them in person to the authorities.
In the case of an online application, aspirants need to simply follow the application procedure step by step as mentioned subsequently:
- Open the official portal of Deakin University at www.deakin.edu.au.
- On the prime page of the website, you must head to the drop-down menu of International Students.
- Check the Fees and Scholarships section in the same menu.
- Head down to the Find a scholarship section and tap on the link for ”Browse our scholarships”.
- The dedicated web page for the Find a scholarship will open up with a menu for Filter scholarships.
- Select the Level of study, Student type, and Scholarship type.
- In the Citizenship list, select the option of International.
- Further, a Nationality menu will open up where you must enter your detail.
- Tap on the link of Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship or Deakin International Scholarship.
- In both pages, you shall find the PDF link to the Application Form.
- Fill out the Application Form attested to the information PDF.
- Scan the form in order to get it online mode.
- Finally, head back to the respective page of the scholarships.
- You shall find the direct link of Email Deakin International Admissions.
- Tap on the button and the email page will open up subsequently.
- Create an email and attest all the required documents to the application form.
- Lastly, send the mail only after reviewing that every detail mentioned in it is correct. A faulty application shall result in inconsideration of the application.
Selection for the Deakin International Scholarship 2023
The students will be selected entirely on the basis of merit and the details they mention in the application form. There are only a limited number of seats available on the part of Deakin University. Thus, they shall not be able to accommodate every applicant in their scholarship program.
Here you can directly apply and check the respective portal pages by accessing the ensuing links:
|Official Website||Deakin University, Australia|
|Check Details||Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship|
Deakin International Scholarship
|Download PDF||Deakin International Scholarship 2023 Info Document|
How can I apply for the Deakin Scholarship for Foreign Students?
Deakin University has released the scholarship application form. The students need to fill out the form, attach supportive documents, and either send it online via mail or simply submit it to the authorities in person.
Can I get a full fee waiver at Deaken University as an international student?
Yes, if you apply for the Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship at the university and qualify for the award, there is a strong possibility that you can get a complete fee waiver.
What is the last date to apply for the Deakin International Scholarship Program 2023?
The last date to apply for Deakin International Scholarship Program 2023 has been declared as 2 February 2023.
What is the selection criteria for the Deakin International Scholarship?
The students willing to receive awards under the Deakin International Scholarship Program need to observe that the authorities will consider their eligibility through their application, personal statement, references (only for the Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship) and merit. Since there are only a limited number of awards available, the authorities will entirely rely on the merit of the students to make the final decision.