DAAD Scholarships: There are a large number of Postgraduates courses offered by German Institutions. DAAD scholarship is a German Academic Exchange Service, which supports the program selection as per their interest. The institution of German offered one or two years of the study program. In this article, you will get to know about the DAAD scholarship, how is the selection process.
About DAAD Scholarship
DAAD scholarships are for both Master’s and Ph.D. students, and with the help of this scholarship students can study in Germany. The DAAD scholarship was funded by Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. The courses also offered the German language program. The Master’s program is about one to two years and the Ph.D. course is about 42 months, depending on the institution.
Overview of DAAD Scholarship
|Article Category||Post Graduate courses|
|Degree||Post Graduation, and PhD|
|Course Duration||PG- 12- 24 months|
|Scholarship funded by||BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development),|
|Academic Year||2022- 2023|
Postgraduate Courses Offered Under DAAD Scholarship
There are a few courses which were offered by the German Institution, which can be filled by all the eligible candidates. The courses included in the DAAD scholarship are mentioned in the below table:-
|Economic Sciences/ Business Administration/ Political Economics||Agricultural and Forest Sciences|
|Regional and Urban Planning||Development Cooperation|
|Natural and Environmental Sciences||Medicine and Public Health|
|Engineering and Related Sciences||Social Sciences, Education, and Law|
Prerequisites and Requirements DAAD Scholarship
|The Typical Scholarship Holder||– candidate must work in the public or any private authority.|
– Applicant must acquire Bachelor’s degree (4 years)
– 2 years of professional experience is mandatory.
– Academic degree not more than 6 years old.
|Language Skills|| – Candidate must pass the language exam DSH2 and TestDaF4 |
– B1 is the minimum passing level of the German language is required.
– For Course in English: IELTS with Band 6 and TOEFL, the minimum required score is 550 on the paper-based exam, 213 computer-based exams, and 80 internet-based.
|Proof of current and past work situation|| – It is mandatory for the candidate to submit the work experience., and also mention the current status of the work at the time of application submission.|
– Employment certificate must include the position in the company and the time duration of the employment.
– Letter of ref. also have to submit.
|Statement of Motivation||All the eligible must submit a statement of motivation, in which the applicant must elaborate, on why they are interested to apply for that particular course.|
|Other Required Documents to submit||– Signed DAAD application form, and cv|
– Signed document of Statement of Motivation.
– Certificate of Employee from the Employer.
– Letter of recommendation
– Academic Degree Course
Note: If you are applying for more than one postgraduate course (max. can three-course). In such a case, you have to submit only one Statement of the motivation letter.
Also Check: Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships Application
Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship
To fill out the application form DAAD scholarship, you have to follow the below-given process:-
- Firstly, all interested candidates, must fill out and submit the application form.
- Then, the selection committee of the DAAD scholarship, suggests the candidate’s potential for the scholarship.
- All the recommended applicants have to contact the DAAD, for uploading the complete form.
- The selection process will be done, and after that, it should be informed to all the selected applicant
|List of Application deadlines||Visit Here|
|Official Web Portal||Click Here|
DAAD Scholarships: FAQ
To whom the German DAAD Scholarship is given?
It is given to those students who want to pursue their studies in Germany and they must fulfil certain criteria of selection, which are mentioned in the above article.
Is there any university, which offered free courses in Germany?
Humboldt University in Berlin is one of the highest-ranked universities in Germany.
Is it necessary to submit the work experience in DAAD Scholarship Programme?
Yes, the candidate has to submit the work experience certificate.