Simon Youth Greg Saunders Legacy Scholarship Program 2023: To help students for getting a good education, so that they can fulfil their dreams and have a good career is one of the dreams of the Simon Youth Foundation (SYF). This is headquartered in Indianapolis; United States is a non-profit organisation.
Table of Contents
More about the Simon Youth Foundation (SYF)
Like many other foundations in the country, they focus more on spreading education and improving its quality of it. SYF strongly believes that whatever may be the circumstances of anyone should not stop them from getting a good education. Getting quality education helps an individual in many difficulties of life, with this noble cause SYF executes their philosophies by running two major programs and they are,
Simon Youth Scholarship
The Simon Youth Foundation established this scholarship in 1998. The main focus of this foundation is to successfully spread education and as they believe no one should be kept out of it because of their condition. Now this condition can be the bad financial status of an individual. Many a time it has been seen that an individual is not able to continue their education because of their poor financial status. This is one of the major problems that come as a hurdle in the career path of a student. To fight these conditions Simon Youth Foundation has introduced Simon Youth Scholarships which award up to $1 million at one time. This scholarship is non-renewable.
By now Simon Youth Foundation (SYF) has awarded a whopping $21 million in form of scholarship money. Over 6,000 students have taken a benefit from this scholarship. This scholarship is strictly for high school students in every community that is home to a Simon Mall.
With the aim of spreading education to all, so that everyone can benefit from that. Simon Youth Foundation targets first-generation college students for their scholarship program. Through this, they can extend the ideology of the foundation. They also help those students who have demonstrated their financial needs. There are various forms to describe your financial condition like filling Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA).
Simon Youth Academies
With the vision of the successful spread of education second program by this foundation which partners with local public schools Simon Youth Foundation builds high schools formally known as Simon Youth Academies. This tends to support those students who are at risk of being dropped out and help to earn their diplomas.
We will be focussing more on Simon Youth Greg Saunders Legacy Scholarship Program. So far, we have understood the inception of the Simon Youth Foundation. How their ideology of spreading education, so that can everyone gets the benefit of it. We discussed two programs that are run by the foundation. Now we see some eligibility criteria or prerequisites required in order to successfully fill out the application form, deadlines, important dates for the scholarship and filling the application form online.
Applying for Simon Youth Greg Saunders Legacy Scholarship Program
You can click here to visit the official page for the scholarship. In order to fill that you need to register yourself with a valid e-mail id and then fill out the application form online.
Some minimum criteria or prerequisites for Simon Youth Greg Saunders Legacy Scholarship Program
- In order to fill in this scholarship form you need to be 23 years or below.
- One of the most important criteria is that your parent or guardian must be a full-time or part-time employee of Simon Property Group and you must be a dependent child on them. Second thing is that they must be employed there for at least one year by February 15, 2023.
- This scholarship can be applied if you are a high school senior or even a current college student. In that case, you must be planning to enrol in an accredited college, university, vocational, technical or trade school for two or four-year programs.
Deadline and amount associated with Simon Youth Greg Saunders Legacy Scholarship Program
The last day to successfully fill and submit this scholarship is 15 February 2023. The amount associated with this scholarship is $3,000.
Some of the important dates associated with the Simon Youth Greg Saunders Legacy Scholarship Program
- The application for this scholarship has opened on September 1, 2022.
- You have to successfully submit the application form by February 15, 2023.
- Those students whose scholarship applications will be selected is notified by end of May 2023.
- The award acceptance deadline is kept on July 5, 2023.
- The funds associated with this scholarship will be distributed on August 1, 2023, in the case of the fall semester. In the case of the spring semester, the data is kept for December 1, 2023.
Other selection criteria for this scholarship
- You need to do academically well by maintaining some good grades.
- You need to demonstrate your financial needs. This can be done by filling out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid form.
- You need to submit an essay while filling out the application.
- Mention your work experience, leadership qualities you have shown during any extracurricular activities and your community involvement.