HBCU Week x LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group Scholarship: The scholarship offered by HBCU majorly works for black colleges and universities. There are various scholarships available that work for the benefit of minority groups. All these scholarships that are supporting students in their academic advancement are worth billions of dollars. The student who feels they can have a positive impact if they advance in their studies and is planning to attend college for higher studies HBCU offers various grants, internships and scholarships.
In case you belong to a minority group there is a good chance you can find financial aid and assistance in terms of scholarships and grants. Many organisations are working in this direction. In case you want to find a suitable scholarship to get assistance in your education perhaps your high school counsellor or college advisor can help you in the best way.
Table of Contents
More about HBCU Week x LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group Scholarship
If I talk more about this scholarship the goal of HBCU is to provide assistance and guidance to high school-attending youth so that they can enrol on the HBCUs website for this particular program. As far as this particular scholarship is concerned they are willing to pay scholarship money so that the person applying for this face no problem getting into the corporate world from undergraduate school.
The necessary condition to get an HBCU scholarship
All those students commencing a bachelor’s degree at an HBCU are automatically eligible for all the education-related scholarships offered by them and if we talk about HBCU Week x LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group Scholarship. All the eligible applicants have to show documentation of acceptance into an HBCU Historically Black College or University.
For this particular scholarship, LexisNexis Risk Solutions has allied or partnered with HBCU Week Foundation to offer HBCU Week x LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group Scholarship for all the qualified students attending HBCUs in fall 2023.
Awards value and scholarship deadline
This scholarship will declare 3 winners for this year. The application submission deadline is February 15, 2023, and award money will be a maximum of $10,000.
Prerequisites for HBCU Week x LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group Scholarship
- To successfully apply for this scholarship the applicant has to be a U.S citizen or need to have permanent residency proof.
- Like others, the basis of this scholarship is also that the student who is interested to enroll on this should have a brilliant academic career. The applicant has completed high school with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale that is unweighted and should be entering their freshmen year of college.
- The candidate should have attended a Historically Black College or University for higher education.
- In order to get this scholarship, the applicant has demonstrated financial need. It is when the financial status of the applicant and their family is not well enough to support the education.
- The scholarship money can only be used for expenditures that can occur while commencing some course in a college or university like tuition fees, and room and board rent.
- There is a chance the student can apply for other scholarships and also accept them, but the total scholarship money should not exceed the total cost of their education.
Filling out the application form
Step 1: This is a 3-page online form. On page 1 you will have to provide some basic information such as name, address, city and state name. Self-declaration if you are a valid American citizen.
You also have to provide high school information. As for how many years you have attended the high school, your Grade Point Average (GPA).
You need to self-declare as to which HBCU college or university you are going to attend in the fall of 2023.
On the same page, you also have to provide a statement of your financial need. What will be your intended major?
Step 2: This is a more descriptive page as in the first half you need to mention all the extracurricular school activities that you have done so far. Describe it, and also mention the role which you have played in the activity. When was the activity started and ended?
The second thing you have to mention is all the organisations you have been associated with, clearly mention if you are currently active with them or if it is a past organisation. You need to briefly describe the organisation, and also mention the role which you have played there. The start and end date for that particular role.
The next thing you have to mention is all the recognitions and awards you have received so far. You can add more than 1 award by simply clicking on add more. Also, mention the date you received it and the end date if applicable.
In short words, you need to explain your statement.
Next, you need to mention if you have the most recent transcripts and mention case you have received an acceptance letter.
Step 3: The last page is to give authority to HBCU to use your provided information to successfully evaluate it to satisfy further processes.