As we are well aware of what this pandemic has done to our world. The Frontline Families Scholarship program is dedicated to a very noble cause as it provides educational assistance to the surviving family member of those frontline health workers who lost their lives while fighting against the deadly wave of COVID-19. This scholarship also assists in the education of a family member of those who volunteered and lost their lives in the same wave.
The Frontline Families Scholarship strongly believes to which we all agree that the COVID-19 wave has deeply impacted society. In those challenging times when people are losing their life it was not easy for frontline health workers to dedicate their life while performing their duty. This scholarship is for the family members of all those American frontline health workers and volunteers who lost their lives while serving during the COVID-19 wave. This scholarship program was established by Dr Michael Osterholm, who is also a very well-known and renowned epidemiologist.
The main aim of this Scholarship is to provide educational assistance but priority will be given to those families who have shown a financial need and have been financially impacted. I strongly support the generosity that has been shown by Frontline Families Scholarship Fund.
In this blog, we are trying to cover the aspects of the Frontline Families Scholarship Fund is all about, for what reason it has started, who can apply, and what benefit they will get.
Table of Contents
More about the Frontline Families Scholarship
Scholarship America is a well-known nation’s largest designer. They are the reason this type of scholarship gained some limelight. This whole scholarship outlook has been administered and managed by them. Scholarship America is also into other educational support programs, they support education by providing assistance and financial aid to the right and deserving candidates. Other scholarship programs that they support are for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals.
Eligibility of the scholarship
The eligibility of this program for any individual depends on Scholarship America’s evaluation team; they are esteemed panel judges that determine the scholarship need to be given to the right and deserving candidate. However, the eligibility is determined at the sole discretion of the sponsor and on the application submitted by the individual. This scholarship award is granted to the eligible recipients whose eligibility will be determined by Scholarship America’s evaluation team. This scholarship is given to that candidate regardless of his caste and creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
An important thing to notice here is that if you are applying for the Frontline Families Scholarship being a family member of those who lost their life’s performing their frontline duties as health workers and volunteers, in that case, you are also eligible for the Brave of Heart Scholarship.
Minimum criteria for Frontline Families Scholarship
So far, we have discussed who runs this scholarship and who is eligible for this scholarship. Now we will see the prerequisites for applying to this scholarship. All the candidates who successfully allotted this scholarship receive $1000 to $2500. This scholarship amount depends on the applicant’s demonstration of financial needs. Some other criteria that are to be fulfilled are.
- The applicant must be the child of a frontline health worker who died while serving during the COVID-19 wave in a medical facility.
- If you want to successfully apply for this scholarship, you must be a high school senior, high school graduate or undergraduate who is currently pursuing its course.
- The applicant must intend to enroll in an accredited college for the upcoming year in a two or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school, which can be full-time or part-time undergraduate study.
- These awards are not renewable. But in some cases, students can reapply for the program for the upcoming 3 years. This can be done only in that case when they meet the minimum eligibility requirement and if funds are available.
- Loyola University- New Orleans Honors Scholarship
- AFA’s Teen Alzheimer’s Awareness Scholarship
- Pepperdine University Helen Young Scholarship
- JFLA Brawerman Fellowship
- Lynn Buerki Memorial Scholarship
Some more requirements for the scholarship
- Only children who are taking education and want to shape their career can apply for it. However there are some technicalities behind it as the child can be biological, step or legally adopted and must be of 26 years of age or below while filling out the application form.
- There are fixed categories to call yourself a health worker. The diseased must work as a (nurse, physician, diagnosis clinician, in health care support, maybe a medical first responder, a healthcare technologist, community or social worker, support, security personnel, pharmacist, cleaner, support staff or an administrator). Apart from this category, all fall under ineligible occupations.
How this scholarship works
- This particular scholarship is non-competitive, which means all eligible applicants will receive an award.
- Scholarship America will decide based on the application submitted by the applicant, where they have to mention their financial status and the deceased occupation.
- There will be two award categories one who demonstrates financial need may receive $2500, and those who do not declare their financial needs may receive $1000. This all depends on the availability of funds.
- Awards are non-renewable, although they can be reapplied, and an applicant can receive the award a maximum of 4 times. This award does not cover a past education expense or loan.
- Students who are in elementary or secondary school can not apply to it.
- 1 March 2023 will be the date by which all eligible candidates should apply for the scholarship.