This scholarship earned praise in the engineering and construction sector. This is for those particular students who want to enter the engineering sector. The Florida Engineering Society High School Scholarship is dedicated and aims to provide financial aid to those students who want to dedicate their careers towards engineering. This unique scholarship runs on the generous contribution made by the taxpayer members who come under the Florida Engineering Society, some private companies and general companies to the Florida Engineering Foundation, Inc. With all the above-mentioned efforts this scholarship has maintained its existence.
More about the scholarship
The Florida Engineering Foundation also termed FEF provides a very generous contribution and funds the Florida Engineering Society High School Scholarship. This funding is done by looking at the fact that they dedicatedly want to provide technological `leaders for their state engineering companies that can have a positive impact on the global economy.
The FEF is a not to profit entity which was successfully established in 1986 and solely aims in encouraging and providing help to students residing in Florida to pursue a degree in engineering. They also want to educate the public about engineering and they are doing all this because they want to provide future leaders for the engineering sector.
By far we have understood that the Florida Engineering Society High School Scholarship want to encourage and inspire the education that is pursued towards engineering. In this blog, we have discussed the core believe and aim of this scholarship and later on we will discuss eligibility and how to apply for the scholarship.
Requirements for The Florida Engineering scholarship
As mentioned earlier this scholarship was designed for students who want to pursue a career in engineering and have the capability in them that they can make a positive difference in the global economy. There are various prerequisites that must be followed to be eligible for this scholarship and these are,
- The student applying for this scholarship has to be a high school senior.
- The applicant has to be graduated from an FL school and must be enrolled in one semester.
- To get this scholarship you need to be a citizen of the United States of America or you may be a holder of a green card or at least have a permanent residency.
- This scholarship needs the student to be very good academically and at least have a 3.5-grade point average which will be based on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant who wants to fill out this scholarship form must have attained a minimum test score on SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) and ACT which is the American College Testing Program.
- There are two scenarios for getting the minimum test score on SAT or ACT the score listed on page two will be considered as the minimum threshold level. The actual score will be weighted into the scoring process.
- As this scholarship program is especially based on the engineering sector the eligible applicant must enrol in an engineering program which must be accredited by the Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- When the eligible applicant submits their application form, they should attach transcripts which must be unopened.
- While submitting the application form an official copy of the IB, AICE, and AP test score report must be sent with the application. Fill out the Certification Sheet tab in the application’s Excel file.
Eligibility for The Florida Engineering scholarship
To be able to eligible for this scholarship the candidate must have to fulfil certain prerequisites these are,
- This award is only available if you are an American citizen.
- The student applying for this scholarship must be commencing high school. This scholarship also requires you to be good in your academics. As you necessarily going to opt for engineering in your carrier so your foundation knowledge must be strong to do that the applicant must maintain a 3.5 Grade Point Average (GPA).
- This type of institution award is applicable if you are commencing a two- or four-year college. This award is also open to trade or technical schools.
- For getting this scholarship award the student must be recommended by one of the engineering faculty members.
- The candidate must be interested in pursuing a career in engineering, especially in the construction field.
- Along with the official transcript and letter of recommendation, you need to list your honour and awards received so far.
- You need to write an essay of 100 to 150 words and describe how you are intended to use your engineering degree.
Necessary information while you are filling out the application form
- To be eligible for this scholarship the candidate has to successfully fill out the application form and they need to attach the transcripts with that.
- The test scores for SAT or ACT are required, as a necessary clause the applicant has to obtain minimum marks in one of the tests.
- You need to attach a certification sheet along with your application form and that will also demonstrate your community services. Along with that, you need to attach your resume where you mention your experiences.
- In case there is a special requirement of a candidate that can be discussed with the panel.
Scholarship amount and the deadline to submit the application
The amount of the scholarship award is $1000 and the deadline for submitting the application form is 21 April 2023.