Many ongoing educational-based scholarships are currently running in the United States of America. There are various minority groups and underserved communities in America who need a better chance for personal and community growth. Looking after this, many scholarship has started, and The American Metrological Society (AMS) Scholarship for Underserved Communities is also one of them.
Table of Contents
More about AMS Scholarship for Underserved Communities
The American Metrological Society (AMS) Scholarship is designed to support the students of minority communities in their education. This is basically to support higher education for the students belonging to communities like Hispanic, Black or African American, and Native American. All those students who want to take advantage of this scholarship should intend to pursue their careers in atmospheric or related oceanic and hydrologic sciences. This scholarship does not support you if you are studying marine biology.
This scholarship helps the students to pursue their higher education as specified. By getting the amount associated with this scholarship the applicant can use that money to support their educational expenses.
The technicality of the AMS Scholarship for Underserved Communities
AMS Scholarship for Underserved Communities is a two-year scholarship. Once you successfully get the scholarship it will financially assist the student for the coming two years. This scholarship has been from the donation made by a member who is associated with The American Metrological Society (AMS) to their 100th-anniversary campaign. The scholarship amount is distributed in such a way that for the first nine-month period in the freshman year, $3,000 has been awarded to the student. The next scholarship amount which is $3,000 is distributed to the student who successfully gets the scholarship, and it will be done in the next nine-month period of sophomore year.
This scholarship is also be applied in the second year. All those underserved students are eligible to apply who will be entering their freshman year of college in the fall. Though second-year scholarship funding will only be given in the case if the student has completed the scholarship norms in the first academic year.
Also Check: B. Bradford Barnes Memorial Scholarship 2024
A necessary condition for AMS Scholarship for Underserved Communities
This scholarship is strictly dedicated to an American citizen. In case you are not a citizen you should hold a permanent resident official document. One thing to be noticed and declared by AMS is that they do not prepare written evaluations of the applicants whether they successfully get the scholarship or not.
Things to notice while applying for the scholarship
- In case you are applying for this scholarship there are a few important things to notice, all the documents which you have to upload while submitting an online application form should not be encrypted or password protected. You need to upload an unsecured version of your official documents. Because if the documents are password protected it will be difficult for the examining committee to retrieve the required information from them. Either you can upload in this way or you can upload an unofficial document while form submission and mail all the official documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you require any technical assistance while filling out the online application you can go to contact support available in the help section. From there the necessary instruction and get the necessary assistance in your query.
- For any more questions about the scholarship program write an email to email@example.com.
Applying to AMS Scholarship for Underserved Communities
You can go to a web page from where you can successfully apply for the American Metrological Society (AMS) Scholarship for Underserved Communities.
Important dates and scholarship amount
Two important dates are associated with this scholarship and that is September 1, 2022, when the scholarship application for this academic session is opened. February 25, 2023, is the final date for applying for this scholarship. $6,000 is associated with this scholarship which will be awarded to the successful candidate who satisfies all the criteria.
AMS Scholarship for Underserved Communities at a glance
So far, we have discussed AMS Scholarship for Underserved Communities. We learned about the background of this scholarship and how it helps all the underserved communities in the United States of America. We have provided a link from where you can apply for the scholarship online. We also learn some important information that you need to pay attention to while filling out the form. Now let us discuss some important criteria to be fulfilled in order to get the scholarship.
Criteria required to get the AMS Scholarship for Underserved Communities
- In order to get the scholarship, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen or must hold a permanent residency document.
- The second most important thing to notice is that the applicant has to be entering a freshman year of college in the fall of 2024.
- Students must achieve a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Students must be planning to study atmospheric or related oceanic, and hydrological sciences.
- Student eligible for this scholarship can also apply for the AMS freshman scholarship program but has to select one if successfully allotted both scholarships.
- Apart from providing the recent transcripts and letter of recommendation, you also need to write one minimum 500 words essay describing your belief in your college education. And what have you learned in the atmospheric and related science. Will you serve society during your professional career?