Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs: Jobs in the United States are something that is not only of crucial importance to the citizens of the country but also to foreign nationals. With a constant increase in the population and diversity, there are many jobs that have been losing demand, and professionals are facing difficulties in getting employed.
Along with that, with a constant rise in inflation and the entire world dealing with the aftermath of COVID-19, the students are dealing with constant confusion on what sectors to pick. Additionally, mainstream education that offers a proper 4-year degree and further educational opportunities is getting expensive.
If you are looking for feasible but very well-paying jobs, you can choose vocational courses and join trade schools. These schools offer special professional training in trades like plumbing, construction, web development, radiation therapy, dental hygiene, and much more.
The jobs you can obtain after vocational courses, diplomas, degrees, and certifications are lucrative and provide an opportunity to earn well without a proper degree. In the following article, you shall find all the information about the Top 25 Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs and the best vocational schools to which you can get admitted to pursue the relative courses.
Table of Contents
Top 25 Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs
A few jobs do not require a degree but proficiency in certain trades, and still they pay well. A four-year degree is important and it can definitely open up a good career prospect. However, it is not compulsory to have one if you wish to earn well.
You can make a substantial amount of money if you even hold a trade diploma or certification. There are many Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs that you can take up after these courses and ace your career.
The jobs in the particular trades are well paying and also in extreme demand. If you hold relative experience or have studied the respective subjects in a trade school, you can take up the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs and make a decent income on a yearly basis.
With the decrease in the availability of such candidates who hold proficiency in these fields, not only are the industries ceasing to exist, but there is a higher rate of employability.
You can also prepare yourself in the dimensions of these trades and join good vocational schools that offer courses in the relation. Here is a list of the top 25 jobs that pay well and can be obtained right after passing out of a vocational school.
Check the list for the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs. Further, you can check the list of quality vocational schools in the United States that can help you train in the trade of your choice or the one that interests you.
List of Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs
The following Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs have been listed below on the basis of their increasing demand and the average salary they can offer to the trained candidates.
You neither need a degree nor a very high level of investment in order to be employed at any of these jobs. A trade school certification or a respective course degree or diploma shall help.
Construction Managers in the United States make a decent amount of annual salary. The managers are responsible for heading all the activities that are taking place on the site.
Working in strict time schedules, conducting all the construction-related chores with proper guidance, and meeting the expectations of the employers. Many managers work independently as contractors, and they can make a relative amount of money by choosing projects on the basis of their personal liking and much more.
Construction Management is a very common and readily available program in vocational or trade schools. It is one of the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs you can bag in the United States. The students can take the courses and prepare themselves for their jobs. The course shall thoroughly train you and provide a headstart to your career.
The construction workers earn nearly $91,000 on average yearly. The wage rate keeps increasing, and the rate is expected to heat more than in the last decade.
Air Traffic Controllers
Air Traffic Controllers are responsible for handling the locomotion of various air means of transport in a particular region. This job is of high risk and requires an extreme amount of attentiveness.
Air Traffic Controllers are much in demand, and the job does not require any bachelor’s degree. The aspirants only need an associate degree or certification from the vocational school or trade school. Candidates who hold a substantial amount of military experience can also easily apply for the job.
Air Traffic Controllers earn a very decent amount of money. It ranks very high in the list of Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs. As per the records, the median pay for the job is nearly $120,000, while the hourly pay is as high as $55. A professional can witness a very considerable amount of growth in this particular profession.
There are relative trade school certifications that a student can obtain in their field of Technician specialising in installing and repairing Elevators. All you need to do is enroll and receive a relative associate degree or attend a course in order to kickstart your career as an elevator worker.
The professionals in this field earn a decent field. As per the data observed from various surveys and much more, it can be figured out that the average salary is more than $70,000 in a year.
You can earn $35 per hour if you work as an elevator professional. This is one of the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs that is completely skill-based and does not require a bachelor’s degree.
Web Developers are another addition to the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs in the United States that pay well irrespective of the full four-year degree. You can make a decent salary of more than $70,000 by working as a web developer.
Multiple trade and vocational schools offer offline and online certification programs that you take up to be a web developer. This job is in high demand as a result of the increase in internet-based firms and necessities.
Sonography is another technician job in the medical field that only requires the candidates to have a certification or associate degree from a vocational or trade school. All you need to do is acquire your certificate and kickstart your career.
It is a highly lucrative field that not only has plenty of Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs but also is very high in demand. You can be a Medical Sonographer and earn more than $67,000 on average.
There are multiple medical arenas where sonographers are required. These include Cardiovascular sonographers, Abdominal sonographers, Gynecologic sonographers, Breast sonographers, and more.
In order to remove tumors or cancers from a body, one needs to get subjected to radiation therapy. There is extensive use of machinery that use X-Rays and various other things. In order to operate this machinery, one needs the help of radiation therapists.
Being a medical-based job, one can assume that you need a complete doctor’s degree or an engineering degree since it is more about machinery. However, none of this is correct. Radiation therapists are good to go with a Vocational or Trade School Certification or an associate degree.
It surely is one of the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs in the United States. All you have to do is manage the machine to cure the patient. You can earn an average salary of $83,000 annually.
There are many two-year programs of certification, diplomas, or associate degrees that can help you kickstart your career as a dentist. You have to study everything in relation to the body’s anatomy and relative medical sciences. However, you do not completely require a degree in order to be Dental Hygienist in the United States.
There is expected to be a very high amount of vacancies that will be observed in the near future in this field. The employed candidates will earn nearly $75,000 annually as per the average data, making it one of the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs.
Radiology and MRI Technology are very different from radiation therapy. Nevertheless, it is also based on the operation of technology and relative machinery. The prospects who wish to make a career must observe that the demand for MRI Technologists is always high, and you can make a good amount of money.
This is included in the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs list because, irrespective of the firm, the salaries are usually high.
All you need is a certification or relative diploma or degree from a trade school. You shall acquire knowledge regarding various aspects of radiation and their utilisation for medical reasons.
Thus, this is a very good choice if you aim to pursue a career that only requires you to be trained in a vocational school and pays you well. The average salary you can make yearly after working as MRI Technologist is $60,000.
Screen Writers and Editors
The entertainment industry is a very lucrative field. It provides a lot of opportunities for the people associated to make a good amount of money. Always the demand is for screenwriters and editors.
If you have the talent to pen down and make relevant content that can contribute generously to the industry, you can choose to get trained in the vocational school in the relative course.
You can start working as a freelancer or get employed in a firm dealing with relative work. You can make more than $60,000 on average in a year. Trade schools will provide you with relevant education that shall help you kickstart a career as a screenwriter and Editor.
Content Writers and Copywriters
Content Writing and Copywriting is a field that has received substantial attention recently due to the rapid growth of internet-based professions. All you need is basic knowledge of writing content, creating relative liners, or campaign slogans for various purposes.
Additionally, a decent knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation SEO shall further help you get a better perspective of the field. It is growing to be one of the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs due to inevitable and increasing demand.
English is the most spoken language in the United States and nearly all citizens’ mother tongue. All you can do is take up a relative certification or diploma course to prepare you for various aspects of the profession.
You must join a Trade School or a Vocational Course. Content Writers and Copywriters are very much in demand across various sectors. You can earn $70,500 on average in a year and further get additional cash compensation depending on your work.
Cinematography is a very readily available course in the United States in Trade and Vocational for the purpose of education regarding the various aspects of Cinema Capture. You can surely take up the courses if you are good with perspective and cameras.
The coming age is of social media content creation, and there has been a substantial increase in the professions pertaining to the entertainment industry, especially after the Over The Top OTT Platforms got into the business. There will be a high demand for cinema-based jobs in the coming years, and they shall make it to the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs.
If you are interested, you must join a respective Vocational school and get trained. With certification and a few projects in hand, you can start your career. It is a field where your work will define your worth, and you can earn much better by displaying your talent.
You can earn about $60,000 annually in this field where the wage shall increase with experience and the quality and level of the projects.
The industry pertaining to Electric Technicians is dying due to the unavailability of relative professionals. Thus, there is a substantial amount of surge in the demand for jobs for Electricians.
It is a trade-based job, and you can develop the skill set entirely on the basis of the courses available in the relative skills. You can start your career by receiving a certification.
It is surely one of the highest-paying jobs in the United States that one can take up without having a four-year degree and by only passing out of a trade school. You can earn more than $100,000 by working as an electrician, including it in the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs listing.
Plumbers are also in high demand for Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs, and they can easily start their careers by taking up a relative course for certification or a diploma in a trade school.
You can get an understanding and respective practice of working in the plumbing line. You can get associated with companies or construction firms to get started. Due to high demand, it is a very well-paid job.
You can make more than $100,000 on a yearly basis by working as a Plumber in the country. There are multiple openings on many occasions, and even freelancers make a decent salary in this profession.
Just like Plumbers and Electricians, Welders can also make $100,000 or more on an annual basis, as per the average salary data. It is always one of the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs.
The welding job is very high in demand in the United States, and with the constant rise in web-based jobs or different occupations, there is a very lesser amount not of rush in this field, decreasing the competition.
You can join a trade school in order to receive a relative amount of training. Further, once you obtain your certification, you can start working. This skill-based job shall never run out of demand, and there shall be higher wages in the future.
Funerals are inevitable. There are multiple ways of conducting a funeral; to execute them, people often consult Funeral Technicians. This is a growing industry in the United States, and you can surely take up this job.
You can work as a Mortician, Technician, and relative jobs. Jobs are never out of demand. The trade schools offer decent certifications that can train you on how to deal with a corpse and direct or conduct a funeral.
You can earn nearly $57,500 on average in a year. It is not a location-based job, and there are many pros to being in this industry. Funeral Technicians make a lot, and it shall always be one of the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs.
Occupational Therapy is one of the most demanding and Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs in the United States. With growing awareness, many people are taking up therapy even on a regular basis.
In order to receive some help, therapists employ assistants. Thus, someone with a substantial amount of knowledge regarding therapy and a valuable certification from a vocational school can be of help.
Assistants are well paid, and as per the surveys and the data, one can believe that the professional can earn nearly $55,000 per year. The wages keep on increasing in this particular industry, and with the demand for jobs, there shall be a further increase in the numbers.
Wind Turbine Technicians
Wind Turbines are increasing in demand with a constant revolution for sustainability and better options for sources of energy. This field shall witness a rapid increase in the demand for jobs in the coming times.
Technicians who specialize in operation, repair, and much more pertaining to Wind Turbines can earn well. You can join if you have the relative certification or have been trained at a trade school.
This industry can help you make $54,000 on average in a year. The wages are expected to go up along with an increase in demand for jobs, adding it to the list of Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs.
HVACR, or Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration, is a field that pays well to its technicians. Operators who know how to install, repair or conduct services can make a decent amount of money without having a degree.
All you would need is to join a trade school and take certification courses. You can join firms dealing with HVACR machinery or work as a freelancer. The average hourly pay in this professional field is $22.89. It depends on your diligence and, the number of hours you work, how much you can make in a year. As per the average data, professionals can make nearly $48,000 yearly.
Automotive Technicians and Mechanics
Automobile Industry has an ample amount of jobs for Mechanics and Technicians. With the development of new technologies, it requires more and more training to kickstart your career in this particular field.
You can join a trade school and enter a course that shall equip you with all age knowledge regarding the nuances of this particular field. $45,000 is the average salary that a mechanic and technician can earn in this profession on a yearly basis.
Nursing is a profession that never runs out of demand. It shall always be one of the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs, and the prepared professionals will have fewer difficulties finding jobs.
Healthcare has an ample amount of vacancies and openings for candidates who have respective certifications and diplomas. By taking up a medicine-based associate degree course at a vocational school, you can easily earn $22 per hour.
With increasing experience and more details for the profession, you can make about $47,000 in a year working as a Licensed Nurse in the United States.
Equipment Operator at Construction Sites
Operators who know how to work with various equipment in a Construction Site can earn very much. In order to get started, you do not need a degree.
All you must do is acquire professional training in the work and operation of machinery on a construction site. So as to do so, you can join trade schools that provide you with an education that could help you learn how to work with construction equipment.
There is a perpetual demand for such jobs. While joining a course, make sure that the course covers most of the aspects pertaining to working at a site. You can make $46,000 on average in a year.
Technical Support to Civil Engineers
Civil Engineering requires a proper engineering degree. If you are interested in the field but do not wish to take up a full four-degree course, you can join vocational schools that offer you education to become a technician.
You can grab an associate degree course and strive to get appointed as Technical Support to the Civil Engineers in field works.
You can $48,000 on average in a year by doing so. Gradually, you can earn more depending on the requirement of the project, which further makes it one of the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs in the United States.
There is a separate demand for construction workers other than technicians and managers on a construction site. You can join a trade school and take up education and training in the related field to work as a worker on a site.
It is a job that demands a high wage, and as per the data, on average, the workers earn $21 for every hour they work. You can take upshifts accordingly and earn as per the demand and your allowance. You can receive a decent salary by taking up this job.
Geological and Petroleum Technicians
If you are interested in the geological study and wish to work in the petroleum sector, you definitely work as a Geological and Petroleum Technician.
The professionals in this industry need an associate degree to keep going and get the required knowledge to extract fuel and minerals from petroleum. You will be taught about natural sciences, and thus, you can join the course at any vocational school.
It depends on the policies of the firm if you shall attend the training or not. You might have to go through some on-the-job training in order to learn the specifications and the job description. Further, these kinds of jobs also have a variant in terms of location. yOu can either be employed in a field on the ground, on a ship, or in an office.
The Geological and Petroleum Technicians earn nearly $55,000 on an annual basis for this job. The pay gradually increases depending on the experience and expertise. It is one of the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs.
One of the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs in the United States is Marine Mechanic. This is a niche area where you specifically deal with mechanical activities at seaports and marinas.
The students shall obtain their education and post-complete training at the trade school and kickstart their careers in this field. On average, you can earn nearly $40,000 in a year by working as a Marine Mechanic.
Top Vocational Schools in the United States
In order to get trained and educated in the aforementioned fields, you need to join respective trade schools that offer certification, diplomas, or associate degrees in the field.
There are many courses available, and if you wish to take up Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs, you shall get the much-required headstart to your career. The following schools shall provide you with the specific education and training in the relative field:
- Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics: Located in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania, offers aviation-related courses and programs that you can take up in order to further get on one of the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs in the field.
- State Technical College of Missouri: This school offers courses that can help you earn well even without a degree. It is located in the town of Linn, Missouri.
- North Central Kansas Technical College: Located in the city of Beloit in Kansas, North Central Kansas Technical College is a public institution that can help you train in courses that can help you land the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs in the United States.
- Lake Area Technical Institute: This college is located in Watertown South Dakota, and is one of the well-ranked trade schools.
- Lancaster County Career and Technology Center: Located in the Willow Street district, Pennsylvania, the institution offers multiple courses and opportunities for students who aim to take up Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs.
- Carolinas College of Health Sciences: This public institution located in North Carolina state has a lot of scopes to prepare you for the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs in the health field.
- Mitchell Technical Institute: Located in the South Dakota states, this technical institute offers courses in various trades that can help you prepare for taking up jobs that do not require a complete four-year degree.
- Salina Area Technical College: The city of Salina in the Kansas States of the US is home to this institution that offers multiple courses and associate degrees that can help you take up the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs after completion of education.
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology: Located in Lancaster City of Pennsylvania, this college is a public institution that is extremely well-ranked in the nation and offers quality education.
- Johnson College: This private institution is located in Scranton city of Pennsylvania, opens a lot of doors to the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs in the nation for graduating students.
- Rosedale Technical College: Located in Pittsburgh, this non-profit college offers a lot of courses that can provide room to aim for the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs and work in the respective direction.
- Northwest Iowa Community College: This college is located in Iowa State and offers courses that are beneficial to kickstart a career in the trades that offer jobs without a degree.
- Southwest Wisconsin Technical College: Located in Fennimore, Washington, this institution offers courses that can help you get good Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs in the United States.
- North Dakota State College of Science: If you are aiming for Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs in the United States, this college in Wahpeton is one of the best-ranked colleges for that purpose.
- Frontier Community College: Located in Illinois state, this college offers programs that can assist you to ace your career in order to get the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs in the nation by training and educating in the field of your choice.
- Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture: Located in the Curtis in Nebraska state, the technical agriculture institute will surely help you find good Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs after graduating from the respective courses.
- Lakeshore Technical College: This college is situated in Cleveland city of Washington State and has a lot of courses that can help you kickstart a career by obtaining such certifications and degrees that open the doorway for the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs in the United States.
- Bates Technical College: Located in Washington state, the college offers multiple opportunities to kickstart your career by obtaining one of the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs. They provide education at an affordable cost and the entire system at the institution is very convenient and feasible.
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College: Los Angeles is home to the Northwest Louisiana Technical College, which offers various courses that are helpful in bagging the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs and further opportunities.
- Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science: If you are looking for jobs pertaining to funerals, mortuary, and more, you can head on to get admitted to Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It is a well-ranked college in the field that offers the best career opportunities.
- Moraine Park Technical College: To prepare for the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs, you must get admitted to the relative courses. You can get admitted to the Moraine Park Technical College in the Fond du Lac of Washington State.
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College: This college is located in the Shell Lake region of Washington State and in order to be able to get one of the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs in the United States, you can take up a course here.
- Dakota County Technical College: Located in Rosemount, Minnesota, this college has one of the best programs to get a kickstart on your career. You can also find opportunities for Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs through this college’s recruitment and career programs.
- Manhattan Area Technical College: Students can go to Manhattan and get admitted to this public college. After graduating, they can start earning as high as $62,000 in the initial stages.
- Asnuntuck Community College: Located in Enfield Connecticut, this college offers quality education and opportunities to prepare you for the future without having to study in a four-year degree course.
Drop your comments and thoughts about the Highest-Paying Trade School Jobs and best vocational schools in the United States.